“Wonderful!”
Review of Tosca Restaurant

Tosca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 3,215 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: between 11th and 12th
Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I wanted an memorable dining experience for our last night in Washington DC and we believe we found it in Tosca. The menu was outstanding - not a single complaint to be offered about anything we ate or drank. My wife had the soft-shell crab special and I had the spinach ravioli and both were absolutely outstanding!

We had a bit of an issue with the service, however. Our waitstaff never introduced themselves to us and were a bit "absent" - for lack of a better way to describe it. It's not so much that we had to request service, but more that we had to make eye-contact to get anyone over to our table. We sat at our table for almost 10 minutes after we were seated before anyone even came over....troubling. We also had empty cocktail glasses sitting in front of us when our meals came and were not asked if we wanted a refill....had to ask our waiter when we came back later.

Again, if the food hadn't been so, so good....we'd have given Tosca a lower score, but it was that good!

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic across the board!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

In my opinion, this is the top Italian restaurant in Washington, D.C.! I've traveled to Italy twice and this place is the best I've found in the DC area for authentic Italian food. The food is outstanding, very fresh and flavorful, and the portions are perfectly sized. I've eaten here several times and tried many different things on the menu, and nothing has ever disappointed. The atmosphere is quiet (good for a romantic dinner) and the service is perfectly attentive without being overly so.

• Visited December 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“really terrific cuisine.”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

and beautiful setting. Memorable. Can't wait to go back. Nuff said.

Newport Beach, California
“Very nice restaurant!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stumbled upon Tosca by accident. A concierge from an area hotel recommended it to us. We asked him for a nice, Italian restaurant with good wine. I think he took one look at us and decided that nice to us meant fast food Italian. He recommended a couple of places, and we had to assure him that we meant "very nice." We were very happy with his recommendation! The atmosphere of the restaurant was very warm, friendly, and romantic. My husband and I are not picky eaters, so we love almost anything we eat. We thoroughly enjoyed this meal! Tosca also had some great wines to choose from. We even saw Wolf Blitzer sit down to eat! We will definitely come back here again!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Kim B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice fine dining experience for reasonable price”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I enjoyed my dinner booked by my fiance to celebrate our engagement. The staff was helpful and accommodating when we asked to get a larger table. The food was good with acceptable portion sizes for this type of finer dining. Dress nicely, or you may feel out of place. Reservations are a good idea.