“Oysters were the draw”
Review of Grillfish

Grillfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Grillfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 3,537 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We missed the happy hour which looked great with $1 oysters, but we shared a dozen from Chesapeake Bay, delicious! My pear salad was lacking in pears, mostly lettuce, a few Granny Smith apple slices. My partner enjoyed his seafood chowder, a little spicy, but thick and tasty.

vabrego, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you for the review! We have updated to the apple pear salad to red apples. The mistake we made was the apples and pears were both green so people thought it was all apples or all pears!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent fish, bread, sauces and even dessert! This is a gem in the heart of Georgetown. They offer 3 sauces for the grilled fish...all different and delicious. Nice wine selection and attentive service.

Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Went here the first night of our four night trip to DC. We didn't have a reservation, so we were very lucky to get the last table that was available immediately. We had a big lunch, so weren't vey hungry, so we just split an entree and bottle of wine. It is beautiful and cozy in here, and the menu has many choices. It is definitely a top place to dine in DC so I recommend a reservation if you want to go here. Our server was very gracious and attentive and would definitely return to this location.

Thank you for the fantastic review! Hopefully you'll be paying us another visit soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Ordered the following:

Fried Ginger Calamari

Maryland Crab cakes

Mussels with creamy garlic & wine sauce

Two (2) orders of grilled Maryland Rockfish (striped bass)

One (1) order of fried Maryland Rockfish (striped bass)

Food was excellent, well prepared, waiter was friendly and helpful with the menu. Interior of the restaurant was clean, mood lit for evening dining and comfortable for a Tuesday evening dining experience.

Would recommend to family that lives in D.C. and travelers to the city like us. Well worth $209.00 bill for the four of us!

Thanks for the wonderful review! We look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for 8 PM on November 13 but needed to wait 25 minutes to get seated. While I was waiting I was offered a complimentary drink and several apologies for having to wait. When I was seated the service was Swift and excellent as was the food; the leek bacon soup was delicious, as was the mixed seafood grill!

But the unexpected bonus was the service of the manager, Tony. When he saw that I had a slight mobility problem and that walking back to my hotel would cause me to walk about two more long blocks, he suggested taking me out through the back of the restaurant, Which unbeknownst to me Lynne directly to the front door of my hotel. It was probably safer too, as It was dark by the time I left. I believe that good service and good food starts at the top, so that explains why this Georgetown restaurant was packed. A big thanks to Tony.

I will certainly refer any friends and family to this restaurant, when they travel to DC.

vabrego, Manager at Grillfish, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you so much for the fantastic review!

Been to Grillfish? Share your experiences!