“Chris made the experience memorable”
Review of Grillfish

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

My wife and I have dined in 5 star restaurants and local dives and for us the two things that make an experience memorable are: 1) the food and 2) the service. Our meal was fine, but our service from Chris was top shelf. He talked with us about his times living in San Francisco all while visiting our table repeatedly. He was genuinely concerned with our enjoyment of our meal. Simply a great time and good meal.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Had a sandwich with a side of macaroni and cheese.

Fish on the sandwich was burned for a good chunk in one of the corners, but the rest of it was fine. The taste on the non-burnt majority was quite good, but I wouldn't say spectacular. The mac and cheese was prepared well, but whatever cheese blend they used wasn't really my type. Can't knock them for that though.

Overall it's a pretty good spot, maybe just a bit overpricey relative to quality considering the burn...

Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

I recently visited Grill fish on a solo lovely Saturday afternoon. The Caesar salad was amazing paired with the cheese fritters. The blacked trout with sautéed spinach and jasmine rice was perfect! The manager Rashard was very pleasant, accommodating, knowledgeable, and most of all inviting. I will be sure to visit again once I’m in town!

Reviewed 18 May 2021

From the moment I entered Grillfish it was clear that they take a lot of pride in the way they service their guest. From Alfredo with a warm welcome and urgency to accommodate to Tony with her attention to detail I felt very the welcomed. Rashard was great! He made sure that everything was perfect. I will never probably never forget this experience on the count of it was my first time in DC. I will for sure be back soon and will recommend to all of my close friends in Toronto. Excellent team; wonderful food, and over the top cleanliness. 10/10

Reviewed 1 May 2021

Went to eat with a colleague because of the good reviews. I got the Mahi and my colleague got the salmon. While both were cooked pretty well, both of the dishes were virtually tasteless. My Mahi was watery, and water covered the entire bottom of the plate, soaking all the sides. Even the sweet onion sauce that was recommended with it was virtually tasteless.

We also got the calamari as an appetizer. It was better than our main dishes, but it was average at best.

Service was okay. Somewhat robotic with “canned” interactions. Get to know your guests, and don’t treat them like they don’t matter to you.

Date of visit: April 2021