“Great home-cooked meali”

Negril Eatery
Ranked #1,663 of 3,368 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed 23 August 2017

As a visitor to Washington from the Caribbean, I was delighted to taste a good Caribbean meal. The food was tasty, satisfying and reasonably priced. One portion was enough for my husband and I -it was a worthy portion

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I got the roti, patty, and plantains. They were all okay but nothing amazing. I had a craving and it partially satisfied it, but I pray there are better options. This is essentially a fast food place. Best suited for take out. I went there thinking it might be good to dine in, but it's not that kind of atmosphere. It felt like McDonalds. I doubt I will be back. I am in search of a better Jamaican place.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is a cozy spot for some quick Jamaican food that is reasonably priced. I've been coming to this location for over 20 years and the owners are legit. There is a small area for sit down dining, but they also do a brisk "to go" business. There are lines out the door at lunchtime and dinner when college is in session, so go early. For those on a budget who still want a solid and good meat and potatoes type of meal, this place is perfect. I could easily feed a family of 4 a complete meal and still have leftovers for < $30. No it's not the best Jamaican ever, but the food is good. If you're in the area and don't want to have to fall back on McD's or Potbelly sandwiches, it's perfect.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

This place is near Howard University so it has prime location however the Caribbean food leaves much to be desired. It will get you by but there are better places in the area to get a better fix. Doesn't remind me of home at all but a mere imitation.

Reviewed 21 January 2015 via mobile

Music playing over head. Cold day with snow coming down. Wanted my mom chicken soup. Couldn't get that but this was a great substitute. Nice soup that had a little of everything in it. Stop in and taste. It is nice to see the Howard University students stopping in as well.