“Bottomless mimosas...need I say more?!”

Beacon Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Beacon Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #847 of 3,537 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 17th
Transit: Farragut North Metro--Red Line.
Description: Designer Walter Gagliano second visioning of BBG introduced a fresh, and romantic feel to BBG. Vermeer’s portrait of “Girl with a Pearl Earring” was the muse leading to creating the new look. “Our original goal was to bring the space to a cleaner more contemporary vibe, when we discovered the over scaled Vermeer print , originally created by Philipe Stark was on the market, our fondness for bold romanticism found expression and led our fabric and lighting choices in a different direction" stated Mr. Gagliano. Chef Steven Hunter introduces a new menu complementing the new look with his own re-interpretation of classic American comfort foods that are stimulating to the palate and eye, Chef Hunter states: “We produce our own charcuterie and fresh signature sausages from organic meats, ninety percent of our fish are sustainably raised or caught in the Chesapeake Bay area. ”We are committed to support local producers, who are dedicated to environmentally, sustainable agriculture.”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Last minute, my best friend and I decided to do brunch on a Sunday afternoon. First placed that popped in our head with The Beacon. It's been a while since we visited for brunch but decided to try it again. Weekends in DC can be busy, and finding parking can be a headache. Luckily when we arrived, around 12:30 it didn't appear to be too busy. There was a valet, it'll set you back $20. I think it's worth every penny, beats driving around for street parking. When we get in there were quite a few parties waiting to be seated. All the tables were reserved and only availability was the patio area or the bar. We opted for the bar. Jose was amazing, he literally kept my mimosas full, I didn't have to ask, didn't have to hunt him down like most places. Great selection of brunch dishes, waffle bar, omelette bar, salad bar, Latin food, tradition breakfast foods, they have something for everyone. Very affordable, less than $40 per person. I felt I got my money's worth in just mimosas. I've already reserved a table for my moms bday celebration. If you're looking for a chill, affordable brunch spot, the beacon is for you. I don't think you'll be disappointed

Reviewed 1 August 2017

With so many great options in D.C., I was a little disappointed with this one. Perhaps the dine-in side of the restaurant is where the atmosphere is. We had a lunch meeting (pre-set up by client) in what was like the diner side of the restaurant. It was loud both in volume and style, menu was fair and the service was sub-par especially given not many tables were full at prime lunch midweek. The staff seemed bored and just kind of stared at the tables dining. It was an odd feeling. All in all though, the prices were reasonable and the food was good. Just would rather have had a different experience elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food was mediocre. The shrimp and grits was bland. The chicken and waffles, the chicken had good flavor but the waffle was horrible and so were the pancakes and turkey sausage. The Cesar salad was decent. The best part of the saturday brunch was the mimosas. The waiter was very attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The food is at the low end of pricey but well made and tastes great. The staff is so considerate and does an excellent job of pleasing their guests.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

The place was dead, the service was slow but friendly, the food was very under seasoned. The cheese fries were room temperature and there was only a clump of cheese in the center. They tasted like they had been sitting in the window for over an hour at least. And to make matters worse, they served a Moscow Mule in a high ball glass!