“Salsa Sauces Were Not Hot Enough for Me”

Mxdc Cocina Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mxdc Cocina Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street midway between F & G Streets
Transit: Metro Center
Description: A new modern Mexican restaurant by Celebrity Chef Todd English offering a fresh perspective on traditional Mexican cuisine elevated by high-end ingredients. The menu consists of small plates and family-style dishes and a strong tequila program.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Mexican dinner tonight. I ordered Pollo Rostizado (half roasted chicken + child honey glaze + chipotle corn on the cob - one of the most popular dishes here) and Iced Tea. It is decent. One drawback is the salsa sauces for chips were not hot enough for me.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Overall Mxdc was satisfactory.
I love Mexican food and try to find new experiences all the time!
I went to Mxdc because it was suggested by a coworker. Very nice establishment, but VERY LOUD!
This place is NOT intimate at all!!! The bar/happy hour is extremely loud. The food is good, fresh, and unique; however, the quesadillas was more like a flatbread pizza and the pasta was a bit watery. The drinks were AMAZING and during Cinco De Mayo were $5 margaritas all day! The tables were super close together. Not only is the first level near the loud bar (keep in mind you cannot even talk to your table because the noise level is high), but the tables are literally 2-3 inches apart: no room to stretch or move and hardly enough room to eat several courses. In comparison, to Rio grande, Rosa Mexican, or Lauirol Plaza ~ there are better deals for margaritas and food. Also do to the busyness the waiter was partially inattentive and I never received a Happy Birthday OR my free birthday flan which after waiting 10 mins he told me they "didn't have."
If you do visit, if you want an intimate experience do not go during happy hour !!! Also, be prepared to be in a tight setting.
Also make reservations because apparently walk-ins are limited space.
Also seating was pretty hard as well.
Some seats are plush others are hard and old.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We were in town for business and came across this place for a location to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. $5 Margarita special was perfect and Margarita were very tasty. Server was phenomenal! Did was great.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Came in on a Saturday night expecting some enjoyable, perhaps too expensive, Mexican cuisine. Tony, our bartender, quickly made us feel welcome and recommended several cocktails and tequilas that all turned out to be very smooth and thoroughly enjoyable. He also suggested that we taste the chips and guacamole, and we were glad we did; the chips were flavorful yet thin enough that their texture did not overpower the complex and delicious guacamole. The accompanying salsas were also excellent; the salsa verde was so good, I thought it might in fact be more guacamole! I also had their ceviche, which was the best I have ever had by far. My main plate was the enchiladas de carne with a red mole that was fantastic to the last bite. This was as close as I have ever come to a perfect up-scale authentic Mexican dinner, and Tony was very helpful and pleasant throughout the whole meal. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Don't plan to get dessert at MXDC, the food is so good and so filling. We walked by and decided to just give it a try - loved it. A word of caution, it was rather loud in the restaurant. Not a big deal for me though.