“Papusa's need I say more!!! Sheer perfection!!! Best burritos ever!!!”
Review of Tortilla Cafe

Tortilla Cafe
Ranked #128 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Latin
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I totally love this little Mom and Pop Salvadorian cafe'. Super nice lady taking orders. Very helpful and great smile!! We had chicken burrito which was packed with flavor and super delicious!!! The pupusas were just like I had in Belize, where I fell in love with them!! While there I noticed signs that Diners, Drive inns and dives were there. I can say it is no wonder why!! Had our meals outside on the patio!! A super laid back place!! Nice people and great food!! Can't go wrong here!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2016

Reviews on this place were good but I was still very pleasantly surprised. My daughter had tamales and I had the Texas burrito. I was a little disappointed in the steak, more like pot roast but the plantains more than made up for it.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Catalina and her crew will always take take of your El Salvadoran cuisine cravings.

Some of my favorites...
fried plantains & refried beans
veggie taco salad
seafood tacos
Spinach empanada
Corn tamale

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I'm from California so I know good Latin food. The food here is good for the most part but it stops there. When we walked in, the lady behind the counter acted like we were terribly inconveniencing her. Strike One. My wife ordered tacos al carbon and I ordered a chicken burrito platter with a salad. My dressing came in a packet like you get in a drive through. My wife's tacos were ok but the frijoles were way too salty. Strike Two. And we enjoyed a view of the overflowing trash can by the front door the whole time. Strike Three. You can get food just as good at Pollo Loco without the surly service and unsanitary conditions.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Saw this place on triple D. Went there to check it out. Was not disappointed! Location is great. Can people watch at the outdoor tables. Food was piping hot!! Papusa was delicious! Ordered fajitas and the beef and the chicken were delicious. also ordered flautas...lovely. Really love the many options you can have with each platter. Even with a fajita you can choose two of many sides. Only thing I didn't like was the guac and the pico de gallo that came in these little tiny cups. Neither one was anything to shout about. That is the only improvement I would suggest.