“Good but could be better”

Eighteenth Street Lounge
Ranked #16 of 181 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Really cool concept. Each room/floor is a different theme. On the top floor there was live jazz, the rooftop was world music (middle eastern and Indian music), the center floor was hip-hop/EDM and the last room was disco/techno-ish mixed up. It was a good time, however I think this place could be even better. The music selection was mediocre and I felt that that part can be vastly improved. Also the rooftop was underwhelming. Rooftops are popular in DC and if they put a little more effort into better giving that space an "identity" and improving the music offerings in that particular area this place redefine nightlife in DuPont. I was glad that it's not a "regular" club with bottle service and EDM. I liked the variety. I just think it can be scaled up - a higher quality experience at the same price.

2  Thank cphyt7

Reviewed 24 August 2016

As big Thievery Corporation fans we were really excited to visit the lounge on a recent trip to DC. Several different rooms with bars and DJ's, and the first night we went (Saturday) there was a live band upstairs after 11. We went back on Sunday for house music and were not disappointed. Patio out back that allows smoking. Really glad we went!

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Went briefly and loved the space but music and drinks were not hitting to my caliber. Perhaps on another occasion I will try again

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

This was a great place for getting our night started after dinner. Multiple rooms with different music, including a jazz band upstairs. Cindy was great behind the bar, accommodating & welcoming. Whenever I make it back I'll be going to 18th street.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Raggae night on Wednesday with a free live concert !! This place is amazing and The patio is really nice !

1  Thank Minusculucile