“Good place for Brazilian style steak, and so fresh salads, but really slow servings.”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 3,502 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$51 - US$51
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 11th St NW
Description: Fogo de ChaoR (fo-go dee shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, FogoR began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I don't like buffets, it always makes me eat too much. But if you like buffet, filled with fresh salads, this is the place you want to go. But their serving was quite slow. We got bread just when we were finishing our meals, and my wife didn't get her pork even when we finished our meals. We were full anyway. If you go with ordinary eating 4 adults, you should only order two meats, because their salads buffet is great.

1  Thank kiinchong
Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Probably we shouldn’t have come on the Saturday evening of Easter weekend. It was mobbed with tourists. Amazingly the service was better than average. Most remarkable, despite the crowd, was the quality and cooking of the various meats, especially the bottom sirloin. This was all the more appreciated in a chain where I have had mediocre experiences (but my son wanted to return).

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I went here with my family for the first time because a wonderful human being generously gave me a gift card. Anyways, the food was great and our experience was one of a kind. Not only unique because of the way the restaurant is instrumented but Rebecca made it even better. She was knowledgeable, friendly, sweet and attentive. I left there not only with my stomach full, but fully satisfied overall - food wise and service wise. Fogo was awesome and I’m so glad Rebecca was our server!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Promptly seated by the waitress, and greeted by a gaucho server with a million watt smile who happily remembered me from my previous visit last year. Plenty of attention from various gaucho servers and floor managers. Overall atmosphere of a casual family restaurant; the girls at an adjoining table wore short shorts and bare belly buttons, on the other side of me a girl was showing off her ankle and new sock and shoe to her date, and the next table had three toddlers and a baby and a grandmother. Salad bar was great. The meats seemed a little saltier, less varied, and tougher than I recalled from earlier visits. My request for rare was met promptly and efficiently.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

A fantastic place to eat, with amazing meats and a good choice of wine.. Pricey, but like the title says a must visit!