“Cool decor, warm atmosphere, great service”

Clyde's of Gallery Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Gallery Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 3,533 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro stop
Description: Located in DC's renowned Penn Quarter district, Clyde's of Gallery Place is an opulent homage to Washington and American sporting, and serves classical American food. This two-story Grand Victorian saloon welcomes sports enthusiasts and concert-goers, visiting tourists, theater-goers and the neighborhood's residents with four bars, five dining rooms, a raw bar and a private dining room. Our Gallery Place location will greet you with a breath-taking staircase and a palatial, museum-like experience complete with sporting sculpture, collectible prints and original works of art featuring sports legends and Washington's own storied history.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I've been to Clydes in Gallery Place several times. Service has always been exceptional.

We were there with family including small kids Oct 8th. Server was incredibly accommodating and kind.

Food was really good. Sandwiches, crab cakes, lobster, salmon burger, all ordered and well made.

The crab and artichoke appetizer was incredible. Must try.

The Orange refresher cocktail is really good.

1  Thank crowther1

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Crab patties are good!!! Oyster shot was spicy but good. Service was ok. Also tried the fish and chips.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Clyde's alone and was seated in the bar, so I could watch the football game. The bartender wasn't very service minded and it took me 10 minutes to order a cheeseburger. When it came, it was dry and boring. I wasn't offered any ketchup or mayo to go with it and my fries.
Finished half of the burger and left.
Don't think I'm coming back...

1  Thank Rasmus H
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Another winning meal at Clyde's. Fried chicken was extremely tasty and the creme brûlée stood up to the spoon test...meaning it was set just right. Crab soup was delicious and satisfying. Our waitress made us feel like we were sitting in her dining room.

This place is a D.C. trip favorite!!!

1  Thank Adrienne P
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were visiting friends in Chevy Chase and the wanted to take us to a really nice place for lunch... and took us to Clyde's Gallery Place... the atmosphere and decor was great... the service excellent... and the meal very good... however as we were finishing our lunch and having a great visit... the noise level from the bar continued to rise and finally we were not able to hear each other. It was obvious that there were a number of drunk patrons in a loud discussion or a growing disagreement. Twice we ask servers to do something and both said the told the manager... our server said the bartender was afraid to say anything because they might "tear up the place"... we left very quickly as we had no idea what might happen... Clyde's needs to address these kinds of problems or they will eventually loose their patrons... I can assure you my wife and I will never set foot in another Clyde's restaurant.

1  Thank phila786