“Clyde's Gallery Place was Fabulous - Great Food and Wonderful Service”

Clyde's of Gallery Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Gallery Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 3,338 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro stop
Description: Located in DC's renowned Penn Quarter district, Clyde's of Gallery Place is an opulent homage to Washington and American sporting, and serves classical American food. This two-story Grand Victorian saloon welcomes sports enthusiasts and concert-goers, visiting tourists, theater-goers and the neighborhood's residents with four bars, five dining rooms, a raw bar and a private dining room. Our Gallery Place location will greet you with a breath-taking staircase and a palatial, museum-like experience complete with sporting sculpture, collectible prints and original works of art featuring sports legends and Washington's own storied history.
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Celebrated my birthday recently at Clyde's Gallery Place. They had a special on lobster so a number of us ordered that. We also had the lobster bisque and I got the Autumn Market Salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing - all delicious. Our server was Jesse K. and he was terrific. Since I was having a birthday celebration, I ordered a sweet white wine that Jesse recommended and brought out a sample of. At the end of the meal, he came out with a HUGE brownie sundae (with hot fudge). It was really delicious and I shared it with everyone. The entire experience was just great. Everyone loved their meals and we all were so happy to have Jesse K. covering our table - he couldn't have been better and he certainly enhanced the entire experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to several Clyde’s, but this was my first visit to Gallery Place. I brought some European colleagues here for some traditional American fare and they loved it. We sat in he upstairs section, which is really very comfortable and nicely decorated. The service was excellent.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Was seated upstairs in a nice booth. The specials and existing menu offered a great selection. We ordered lobster, coleslaw, fries, and blackened catfish. Every dish was cooked to perfection. Perfect venue before attending an event at the Capital One Arena. I will see definitely be back!

1  Thank LRettaK
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I dined before a concert at the Verizon Center because the restaurant is conveniently located. With a 6:30 pm reservation and waits in two lines to be seated, our order wasn’t taken until 7:10. Food was fine, though bread basket never made it to the table. Then we couldn’t find our server to pay the bill. The concert started at 7:30. We didn’t get out of the restaurant until 8:30. Our frustration level ruined the experience. Never again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

A really bust restaurant with lovely decor and food and staff to match
Seated promptly spacious tables lovely waiting staff and really varied and extensive range of foods
Generous but not outrageous portions but everything we ordered was perfect
Nothing to fault
It is not gourmet dining it is well made American fare in a great atmosphere

1  Thank hayesone