“I thought it was ceviche style...”
Review of Toro Toro

Toro Toro
Reserve with OpenTable
Toro Toro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 3,524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$8 - US$55
Cuisines: Latin, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Toro Toro offers a twist on the contemporary tapas experience, blending Pan Latin flavors and creative sharing plates. The Acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval has brought his latest concept all the way from Dubai to the nation's capital. Guests can anticipate a spin on South and Central American ingredients and flavors through a variety of hot and cold small plates including arepas, ceviche and savory sweets all meant for sharing. Parties will also be able to enjoy Toro Toro's unlimited tapas experience, with endless eats and the option of free-flowing cocktails. An extensive buffet will take center stage every Saturday and Sunday during the restaurant bottomless brunch.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The ceviche style I am used to is tiny portions, so I ordered four plates. These portions are lunch sized, not ceviche. Not that that is a bad thing...I just wish I had known and wouldn't have gotten so much. The food was very good, I loved the crispy shrimp and the salad. Tacos were also yummy. If you don't have much of an appetite I would just order one or two plates. I ordered the margarita, which was a tiny little cup for $9. If you are going to drink, make sure you do the happy hour drinks and food, which is only at the bar or on patio.

ToroToroDC, General Manager at Toro Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Kim ,
Thank you for the review.
I see that you liked our food. I also feel I need to apologize if we misled you in anyway.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We went as a family of 3 and ordered 5 dishes. Everything we had was really delicious! We had the guacamole, arepas, empanadas, fish tacos, and a rice dish. Our 12 year old loved it all also! Nothing was “typical”, and it was all very good including the service and recommendations we received.

“Delicious Adventure” it is a very interesting title. I like it. Thank you. What really makes me happy is to see that you all enjoyed our food and service.
Hopefully we will have a pleasure of having you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I went for the first time last week with friends and family. I couldn't believe the all-you-can eat and drink deal for $60 and our server, Dylan. He kept bringing us food and drinks, so we tried almost the full menu. The drinks tasted good, but weren't strong. I can't decide which tapas I liked the most they were all delicious.

Tania, I am glad to see that you enjoyed our “all you can eat and drink”.
We are looking forward to having you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

It's conveniently located really close to McPherson Sq metro stop.

Most of the food is pretty good, though some of it is only adequate.

The staff is really nice and helpful.

I would definitely recommend, and I will certainly try it again.

Cali Doll,
Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We went for brunch and the food selection was delicious! Toro Toro makes it easy with one price for brunch with bottomless drinks. The food was good and there are several drink options. Reservations should be made.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
I am very happy to see that it was “ delicious” .
I am hoping that we will have you again soon.
I do apologize for late reapons.