3,778 results
All reviews dupont circle heated floors frosted glass door great location toilet and shower sink area hotel bar metro station modern hotel street noise bottled water rooms are small white house valet parking shutters privacy aaron
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Dupont Circle Hotel is in no way a 4 star hotel.
From the moment I walked into the hotel I've noticed how old it is, the elevators were old and seemed like they were about to break at any moment.
When I walked into my room, I've noticed that there were no curtains whatsoever, only shutters which wouldn't close completely, resulting in light penetrating your room. The windows were not soundproof, that's not something you would expect from a four star hotel.
The shower looks like a prison shower, it lacks a door so water could easily go out of the so-called shower and there is also no wand, it was impossible to have a proper shower like that.
I called the reception to complain and they didn't put too much attention to my complaint, I was too disgusted to stay in my room so I called again asking to check out after breakfast the following day - they accepted my request, for $200 for the first night, which is overpriced for what this so-called 4 star hotel has to offer. The receptionist was rude and didn't even try to convince me to stay in the hotel. They didn't offer any compensation claiming their compensation was letting me check out earlier, which is stupid.
I moved to another hotel, I have no idea how this is 4 stars, let alone how it has so much positive reviews.
Stay away..

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank ItayT1
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed at The Dupont Circle in late February and it was such a gem. It's in a pretty convenient location and walkable to many of the sites in Washington. It is a pretty big hotel but has the feels of a boutique hotel. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, and the staff are friendly and accommodating. The only downside was the lack of view (I had a view of New Hampshire Ave). Have already planned my next stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank brothertapdc
TheDupontCircleHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Dupont Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear brothertapdc,

Greetings from Washington and thank you for taking the time to share your review. It was a delight to have you settle in with us and a treat to find that you enjoyed the comforts and amenities provided in your room.

What warms us most, however, are your wonderful comments regarding the genuine hospitality provided by our colleagues, your feedback that has been passed along and celebrated with our team.

We invite you to make yourself at home with us again when your travels next bring you back to Washington.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Beautiful facility, great staff who are pleasant and helpful. Rooms are well appointed, neat and clean. Lobby invites you to sit and relax. Restaurant has good breakfast selections at competitive prices.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon C

Dear sharoncV7586HL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star experience. It's great to see that each aspect of your stay exceeded your expectations and you found our team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to DC.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I stayed over night at The Dupont Circle hotel in DC and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were comfortable and the view was amazing. The hotel was modern with a vast array of amenities. I enjoyed dining at the onsite restaurant with a great view of Dupont Circle. I will definitely stay there in the future!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank JonPeele

Dear JonPeele,

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to DC.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Dupont Circle Hotel is the only place we stay in Washington, DC. It is our favorite hotel for many reasons, but most of all, for the incredible staff. Each member of the team does everything possible to make sure the guests are comfortable. The bellhops remember us from past visits and always greet us warmly, as does the front desk staff. After so many stays, it feels like home, and the staff feels like family. This trip we had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and both were excellent. We were pleased to have Omar, who has worked there for many years, as our server. He is so attentive. We always look forward to seeing him again. Paola at dinner was excellent. We had a delicious lunch at Bar Dupont, as well as cocktails. We were impressed by Andre, a newer addition to the staff. Shane Caldwell, the Senior Guest Relations Manager, is an exceptional young man. He is always professional, helpful, and friendly and sets an excellent example for his staff. We look forward to seeing him every visit. I highly recommend The Dupont Circle for its location, décor, cleanliness and, of course, the employees.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dana R,

It is always a pleasure to welcome you both back to your home away from home in Washington DC. It delights us to read reviews like yours and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, especially those highlighting the culinary talents and welcoming hospitality of our team. Paola, Omar and Andre were thrilled to see you again.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Shane