2,374 results
All reviews venetian room white house ceiling fan george washington university world bank charming hotel foggy bottom dressing area stay there again small kitchenette whole foods office building within walking distance an older hotel few blocks upgraded to a suite bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We completely enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable; we had a king size bed that my daughter and I shared. The bathroom was spacious. We were able to walk to George Washington University, the National Monuments Mall and even the Kennedy Center. The restaurant in the hotel was small but the food and service was good. The entire ambience of the hotel was delightful.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Greetings Allen L!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel and for sharing you experience. I am very happy to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

For the right price (which is subjective, of course), this place is beyond an amazing deal and fantastic stay! Stayed in a king room, with plenty of space. Quiet on the rear end of the building, quick room service with decent food for decent prices. The location is fantastic, being 4 blocks from either Orange or Red line metro stations, and very amenable to Uber/Lyft/cab pick ups and drop offs. Have stayed here before, will probably stay here again. Thank you to the outstanding staff who were quick to open doors, assist with luggage, check in and check out, and break bills for tipping!

Room tip: High floor, near the rear to avoid street noise and morning dumpster emptying noise
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Greetings ebleBeach7thGrn!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our central location and your encounters with our staff. We appreciate your compliments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The day the March for our Lives was announced, I jumped on the hotel search right away (before all the rates presumably would go up) and wow did we luck out finding this gem! It is in a nice neighborhood,and if you like to walk, you can get the car valet parked and just leave it there the whole time like we did. We came for the March and stayed two nights.The hotel was once an apartment building from 1929-1970 and the bellman, Wilfredo, told us all about it. It has one of a kind lamps, artwork, and louvered doors on each room that give the hallways a Casablanca movie set feel. Underneath is a regular fire door, but it is a cool look. The people who work there are great and take alot of pride in the place. Room was comfortable and very clean. If you are looking for a shiny modern hotel, this is not it. The furniture is not a sparkling new. It gives the atmosphere a bit of personality. We loved it . The bar is a nice place to hang out and the restaurant was nice, especially for breakfast. We had dinner there and I only wish they had had one vegan option. I asked about a pasta, and no, they only had a seafood sauce. We were on the 11th floor and it was lovely. Floors under the carpet are squeaky, so I am glad we were on the top floor. There are a number of dining options nearby and a Whole Foods around the corner. We will go again! it was a fun experience and very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Greetings PattyPhiladelphia!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel and for sharing your experience. I am so glad you found us and most of all I am delighted to read about your wonderful stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and feedback. It was a pleasure to have as our guest and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 days at the Lombardy. I will never stay anywhere else while in D.C. Wilfredo and Edith you are a credit to this hotel. You are both so kind and attentive I can't praise you enough. We loved the bar. The bartender is so funny and makes wonderful drinks. We had the most relaxing time. Our suite was more than we expected. We met new friends Lin and Media from New York. Such a friendly wonderful place to stay. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
LombardyGM, General Manager at Hotel Lombardy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Greetings Elrico!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful experience with us and I will certainly share your comments with Edith and Wilfredo. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and ensuring your next visit is another amazing experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I cannot speak for the accommodation, but I recently had lunch there in the cafe. Good atmosphere with only 12 tables. Traditional with good wait staff and good international food very reasonably priced. A bit of a hidden gem.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Greetings Mel B!

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our Cafe. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful lunch. You may also enjoy our Venetian Lounge, open 7 days a week from 4PM - 12AM, also a hidden gem. We look forward to serving you again soon.