5 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$369
Official SiteUS$332
PricelineUS$369
2,811 results
All reviews foggy bottom kennedy center whole foods small kitchen tree lined street trader joes full kitchen residential street quiet neighborhood lincoln memorial separate bedroom within walking distance dressing area two blocks metro station front desk staff king suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2022 via mobile

Great location near GWU that allowed easy access to the Metro. The Metro will get you to practically everything a tourist would see. Staff very friendly and helpful. Suites clean and spacious. Access to washer and dryer nice. Quiet, historic neighborhood. Limited dining in area but a few good places walkable. The suite has a kitchenette. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ashlee Harper, Owner at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2022

Hello TrueCelticGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review! We greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to the rooms, neighborhood and our team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 10 August 2022

My wife and I wanted to do something special for our 18th wedding anniversary, and we soon settled on a trip to Washington, D.C., a place we both love. I immediately thought it would be nice to stay at the River Inn, where I had often stayed while doing grant reviews for NIH. I had nothing but good memories of this lovely hotel in a quiet Foggy Bottom neighborhood, and our Anniversary trip was indeed another memorable experience. The River Inn is still a welcoming place for a visit to D.C. I have to start by commenting on the professional and friendly staff--always ready to help or provide directions. Our suite was nicely furnished, utterly spotless, and extremely quiet. Everything worked well. We truly felt at home. My only suggestion would be to improve accessibility to the front entrance for folks who have difficulty with stairs. However, staff members were always there to assist anyone who needed a hand. Overall, I don't think visitors to the area can do any better than to book their stay at the River Inn. Lots of good groceries, restaurants, and all that Georgetown has to offer are nearby. Our thanks to the staff and management for making this past weekend a truly Happy Anniversary!

Date of stay: August 2022
Ashlee Harper, Owner at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Hello Travel261433,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate all of your kind feedback and are pleased that you chose The River Inn to celebrate your special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,
Ashlee

Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

I had a very nice stay at the River Inn! From the moment I arrived I was greeted and given a card that welcomed me warmly. If I needed anything, there was someone always available to help. When I checked out of the inn, Bettina asked me how my stay was and wished me safe travels. The staff was very hospitable and made my visit to DC enjoyable!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello tracim638,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review! We greatly appreciate your kind feedback and are thrilled to hear that Bettina assisted in making your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Washington, DC.

All the best,

Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

We were supposed to fly in late at night to DCA but the flight got delayed and eventually airline cancelled it at the last minute. It was very frustrating and tiring.. I called the River Inn to let them know, we would not be able to come that night. Zelia, who answered my phone call, was so helpful and understanding. Next day, we finally made our way to DC. We were welcomed by Ashley and her advice to visit the Spy Museum was for real! My girls really enjoyed it! There were many cafes, restaurants, and my favorite Trader Joe’s within walking distance. The Inn is located within a nice quiet neighborhood. Also, I hope I get this name correct-Brandie? (Sorry, if I got the name wrong.)Who helped us check out was also very efficient and kind. Thank you all.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello sungdob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! It was a pleasure to meet you and it is great to hear that the team assisted in making sure your stay was comfortable and memorable.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,
Ashlee

Reviewed 9 August 2022

We are unfamiliar with neighborhoods in the DC area. We picked The River Inn after comparing room rates for other hotels using TripAdvisor and couldn't have been happier with our selection. The hotel is located in Foggy Bottom, a quiet walkable neighborhood. There are restaurants nearby, a 7-11 (small convenience store), Trader Joe's (grocery store) and a Starbucks several blocks away. Our trip was during a time period when temperatures felt over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. There were 2 bottles of water when we arrived in our room. Air conditioning worked great, plenty of hot water for showers, the room was clean, mattress and pillows were comfortable. We were surprised with the kitchenette. It was stocked with table settings for two, including glasses, plates and flatware. A Keurig with some complimentary pods. There was even a gas cook top. You could order grocery delivery if needed. We started making fresh ice right away. It's a pet friendly hotel. We saw numerous guests with dogs. There were also plenty of families with smaller children there too. ALL staff were super helpful, knowledgeable about the area and pleasant to talk to. We would definitely stay there again.

Hello kb111570,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful 5 star review! Your feedback in regards to the Foggy Bottom neighborhood as well as the spacious suite style rooms is very much appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to The River Inn for your next visit to Washington, DC.

Warm regards,