“Authentic West Indian food with a friendly staff.”

Sunrise Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #1,180 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The portions were massive! The Stewed Brown Chicken and Curry Goat was tender and delicious. The rice and beans, cabbage and kale were delightful. We were traveling with a child that doesn't usually eat veggies, and she finished the kale! There were veggies in the mac and cheese, but the kids thought this was a plus. The had Sorrel ( which I didn't get, but I was so tempted)! The owners and workers are Trinidadians-so I knew that their bake would have been outstanding. We happened to find one of the workers at the Union Station selling food from a kiosk, but he was out of food (not surprising) at the end of the day, and suggested that we come to the restaurant. We were not disappointed. Thankfully pleasant staff was attentive and welcoming to we out of towners. My father visits DC frequently and I will definitely recommend this place. I am willing to bet money on the vegetarian options being on point- they looked so appetizing.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Living just around the corner, we stopped in to give this place a try. Everything was great! We had jerk chicken sandwich ( light and wonderful), spicy chicken wings, curry chicken roti and jerk chicken platter with sides. It's an unassuming place with tasty food. Try it!

1  Thank AlinerX2