“Great Food & Great Value”
Review of Busboys and Poets

Busboys and Poets
Ranked #14 of 3,214 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: U Street Corridor
DC
“Great Food & Great Value”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Food here is fantastic, portions large and prices great! There is a bookstore next door but I've always just been here for the atmosphere and food. Although I didn't think the dessert was anything spectacular, their appetizers and meals are fantastic!

Their sweet potato fries, their portabella mushroom paninis, salads, brushetta happen to be my favorite. And when it gets packed here, I just get carry out from the bar. They give you a generous portion of sweet potato fries when ordered for carryout and I can never finish the entire meal!

Fresh delicious food with non-D.C. overpricing = a homerun in D.C. Highly recommend! (I've never actually tried any other side than sweet potato fries as I love them so much here!)

• Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC
“I like the U street location best”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This bookstore/cafe/restaurant/performance space is pretty nifty, and the food is excellent. I like the avocado sandwich best.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Favorite brunch spot in DC”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I go to Busboys & Poets at least once a week. I love the atmosphere, the staff are all so friendly, and the food is amazing. I always ask for extra chipotle mayo to dip my fries in. Amazing!!"

• Visited March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My kids and I went here after volunteering at Martha's Table and we loved it. We are people that value actual books and food so we think this place is a treasure.

Washington, dc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for the poetry slam”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Great food, good beer selection- LOTS of vegan options. The poetry slam is really fun, also. Really entertaining and not too expensive- I think like 10 bucks at the door. Go early if you are going to see it though, the line builds pretty early.

Visited February 2012