“Excellent Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andalusia
Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Andalusia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Beautiful and relaxing B & B I found while searching online for a one night stay on our way to the beach.. We arrived to a very inviting and beautifully decorated home and our room was so comfy and clean... My husband and I stay at B & B when traveling and I rate this one close to the top... Beautiful sunroom to enjoy coffee and reading in the morning.. we definitely will be making a return visit in the future

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
sweetgumbottom, Owner at Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see ya'll on your next trip to the beach! (if not before) :))
Laura

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Our weekend at Sweet Gum Bottom was amazing! Laura and Ricky (our hosts) were so sweet and welcoming. The home was beautiful and our room was very nice. We stayed in the Bethany Dawn suite. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. The breakfast each day was delicious - make sure you have the French toast! Laura made it easy to make ourselves at home! We'd recommend to anyone staying in Andalusia area!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
sweetgumbottom, Owner at Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thanks for staying with us! It was a pleasure meeting you both! Hope to see you on a return visit!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We have never been to another Bed and Breakfast, so I cannot compare it to others. I will just have to go with my feelings.
We were there for two reasons: to scope it out as a wedding venue for my daughter, and then to stay for my husband's and my anniversary.
As a place to stay, it was very pretty both inside and out (immediately around the house). We stayed in the Laura Leigh room. The Bed was luxurious, and the jacuzzi tub was a treat. I hate I forgot to ask where the amazing sleeping pillows came from! The only thing I might recommend would be to add a little make-up mirror to the room. At 6 feet tall, the antique mirrors cut my head off(so to speak), so I had to stoop down the entire time I fixed my face.
The Breakfast was served on very attractive plates. The casserole was tasty.
As a wedding venue: we thought the chapel was absolutely gorgeous! The pricing for a chapel wedding and reception was good. However, my daughter disliked the fact that the reception area was fully carpeted. She wants a dance area and felt that dancing on carpet would be awkward.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
sweetgumbottom, Owner at Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay! It was a pleasure meeting you all and showing you around Sweet Gum Bottom!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

If you're looking for a romantic or peaceful affordable getaway, this is your B & B! The innkeepers are people of faith and are very kind. They maintain an immaculate facility and often serve a complimentary wonderful breakfast on an enclosed porch. The B & B offers four very nicely appointed rooms. We have booked the Bethany Dawn and Kennedy Anne rooms. They have a very lovely honeymoon or special occasion suite. Rooms are comfortable and uniquely different. The website gives a true description of the rooms. The B & B is located about a 45-min. drive from the AL I-65 Evergreen exit and 1 hr. 15 min. drive from the FL I-10 Defuniak Springs exit. Don't let the travel time dissuade you, as the beautiful grounds and quaint inn is worth the trip! The inn is a wedding venue as well, with a 100 people-capacity Chapel on the grounds. Guaranteed, you will return to the inn once you have stayed at Sweet Gum Bottom for the first time! FYI: Authors, this is a great venue if you have writer's block! :)

Room Tip: Four rooms available. All are on the first floor. They offer competitive corporate rates for busines...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Laura O, Owner at Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for the kind words and We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please come as often as you can!
Thanks!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

I recently stayed at Sweet Gum Bottom B&B because I was in the area to attend a wedding about 30 miles outside Andalusia. Everything was grand -- the property is breathtaking and worthwhile reading about (Laura and her husband, Rick, restored it from extremely poor condition back to its original beauty). Laura is the quintessentially hospitable Southern lady. She met me at the front door when I first arrived, upgraded me to a room with separate tub and shower, showed me around the property, offered tips for getting around town, and fed me decadent breakfasts. I truly enjoyed every minute of my stay!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the great review! If ever in our area again, please come back! Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
7.0 km away
7.3 km away
Days Inn Andalusia
Days Inn Andalusia
#3 of 5 in Andalusia

Been to Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!