“Best in Auburn”

Byrons smokehouse
Ranked #28 of 229 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whether you like chicken, ribs, pulled or sliced pork, Byron’s serves an excellent meal. I meet old friends here for lunch once a month. It’s always good. Good vegetables and cornbread too.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Took my family plus a couple extra 8 people for dinner and we all ate for $54. I was surprised. I had the rib plate for $8 and it came with 4 nice size ribs two sides and cornbread. The okra was greasy so I didn’t eat it all. The slaw and the rest was good. They have very good bbq and very good prices. Always a place to go.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Stopped in for lunch for the first time based on other reviews. I ordered a chopped sandwich, my wife ordered a 'chipped' sandwich - wasn't sure what the difference was. It turned out the chopped is chunks of pork about 1/2 inch square and the chipped is finely chopped up. My wife thought the chipped was good, I found the chopped had too much fat left on the meat and didn't think it had much of a smokey flavor. We both got the mac and cheese based on the cashier's recommendation and I also got an order of greens. The mac and cheese was just ok for me but the greens were excellent.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The sliced pork sandwich with a side of Brunswick stew was very good. The hot sauce is a nice degree of heat and tastes good.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Best breakfast in Auburn/Opelika ! That says it all ! Great BBQ too! most popular breakfast place in area.