All reviews room was clean complimentary breakfast staff was friendly great value for the price oatmeal gas station an older hotel would stay here again my daughter in town enjoyed my stay war eagle interstate lobby university ac exit
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I have never had a bad stay at a Hampton Inn and this time was no exception. The staff were friendly, the accommodations were clean, and the amenities were adequate. It is located next to a busy interstate. That's great for convenience but not so wonderful for road noise. After awhile I was able to block it out but it did take some doing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Grievances
We are Hilton and Hampton Inn loyalists, but this one was not up to snuff. The Hampton Inn in Valdosta is our go-to when traveling to central Florida. We love it for it's quality, value, and convenience that we can feed our kids breakfast before driving the next day. The Hampton Inn Auburn sorely missed this level of expectation. It was if Hilton had purchased a motel 6, slapped some signage on it, and called it a Hampton Inn. I've actually never stated in a Motel 6, but aside from one night when I was mistakenly booked in a truck-stop motel near an airport in Australia, this is the lowest quality hotel I've ever experienced.

The A/C unit was loose, causing it to vibrate so loudly that we couldn't sleep. I tried several times throughout the night to put luggage or pillows on it to hold it in place, but that didn't work.

There were bad smells as soon as you walk in the door. Our kids kept asking "what is that smell?"

Our queen Bed sagged into the middle, keeping us fighting gravity all night.
The Shower was gross. You could tell it had several decades of wear in it.

Breakfast was extremely poor. We arrived to empty scrambled eggs around 7:50 AM and left 40 mins later with still no scrambled eggs. The bagel/toast/pastry area was also almost empty and nothing was replaced. The juice tasted horrible (almost a metallic taste?). The single carafe of 2% milk was empty after I filled my baby's sippy and one bowl of cereal. Again, the milk was still empty when we left 40 mins later.

In the room, there were hairs on the fresh wash cloths. A Crib was ordered in advance so that we could arrive and put our baby straight to bed. The crib was not in the room when we got there despite reminding the staff at check in.
Despite the above grievances, I will say the staff was very friendly. The antiquated hotel was nowhere near Hilton's standard - I feel that at $114 a night, I paid double what the quality warranted.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The overall hotel is older and not really up to date. The area and store next door was relatively sketchy. There was no fridge in the room which I missed on booking (if they mentioned it) and find unacceptable for any halfway decent hotel. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room and there wasn't a fridge which my group needed. Also the breakfast was pretty poor quality. We had a group of 4 on golf trip and really only needed the rooms to sleep, shower, and reload each morning. Really would have been a plus to have fridges in the room and a decent breakfast, but guess we got what we paid for...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmersonBigguns
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We were here for a softball exposure and surprised to get a room on such short notice. Upon arriving, you could tell the hotel was older but we'll kept and landscape was nice. The front staff was super nice and check in was a breeze. Once in the room we received a call from front desk to see if room was clean to our satisfaction and if we needed anything. The room was on the small size for a King Suite. The pullout sofa bed was probably one of the worse my daughter has slept on. It was very worn. This hotel is right off the interstate and beside a gas station. A water park is close by as well as Auburn Softball Complex. We were on the 2nd floor opposite the gas station and the interstate. No fridge or microwave. Housekeeping the second day was much to be desired. I don't know what was done except making the bed. The furniture was not wiped down, still saw marks where our drinks were. Tub was not cleaned, no clean floor mat (didn't replace the one picked up) also didn't replenish the shampoo or conditioner. The housekeeping was very slow and not sure why. The breakfast was okay about what you would expect.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2017

I really wanted to like this hotel, but unfortunately it was as bad as most reviews suggested. It's an older property and and it's definitely getting run-down. Our room had a musty odor, and the pool definitely unusable. The breakfast was also below average. The staff was friendly and the convenience to Auburn University was helpful, but we will try out one of the other options next time we come to town.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family