Hampton Inn Auburn
Courtyard Auburn(Auburn)
Quality Inn(Auburn)
Econo Lodge(Auburn)
View Hotel
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast isroom was cleangreat value for the pricestaff was friendlynice breakfastoatmealgas stationan older hotelwould stay here againmy daughterbusiness tripcollege streetfootball gamegreat place to stayenjoyed my stayin towneasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2017

After a long day's drive through rain and heavy traffic it felt so good to pull up to the Hampton Inn for a little R&R. Our host directed us to a great restaurant not far away. After a delicious dinner we crawled between the crisp sheets and slept wonderfully. The next morning a delicious array of breakfast foods got us started on the final day of travel. Great price, great experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Overall, this trip's experience was very good. The complimentary breakfast is also a plus and as always very nice. The staff was great all around. The rooms are starting to look a little tired though.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This hotel is tired and worn. It is not up to Hampton Inn standards that we typically enjoy. The box springs for the bed in the room I was in were exposed and the window was unlocked when I arrived. It's not filthy but it desperately needs an update.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I have never had a bad stay at a Hampton Inn and this time was no exception. The staff were friendly, the accommodations were clean, and the amenities were adequate. It is located next to a busy interstate. That's great for convenience but not so wonderful for road noise. After awhile I was able to block it out but it did take some doing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Grievances
We are Hilton and Hampton Inn loyalists, but this one was not up to snuff. The Hampton Inn in Valdosta is our go-to when traveling to central Florida. We love it for it's quality, value, and convenience that we can feed our kids breakfast before driving the next day. The Hampton Inn Auburn sorely missed this level of expectation. It was if Hilton had purchased a motel 6, slapped some signage on it, and called it a Hampton Inn. I've actually never stated in a Motel 6, but aside from one night when I was mistakenly booked in a truck-stop motel near an airport in Australia, this is the lowest quality hotel I've ever experienced.

The A/C unit was loose, causing it to vibrate so loudly that we couldn't sleep. I tried several times throughout the night to put luggage or pillows on it to hold it in place, but that didn't work.

There were bad smells as soon as you walk in the door. Our kids kept asking "what is that smell?"

Our queen Bed sagged into the middle, keeping us fighting gravity all night.
The Shower was gross. You could tell it had several decades of wear in it.

Breakfast was extremely poor. We arrived to empty scrambled eggs around 7:50 AM and left 40 mins later with still no scrambled eggs. The bagel/toast/pastry area was also almost empty and nothing was replaced. The juice tasted horrible (almost a metallic taste?). The single carafe of 2% milk was empty after I filled my baby's sippy and one bowl of cereal. Again, the milk was still empty when we left 40 mins later.

In the room, there were hairs on the fresh wash cloths. A Crib was ordered in advance so that we could arrive and put our baby straight to bed. The crib was not in the room when we got there despite reminding the staff at check in.
Despite the above grievances, I will say the staff was very friendly. The antiquated hotel was nowhere near Hilton's standard - I feel that at $114 a night, I paid double what the quality warranted.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family