Sportsman Lodge
US$111
BestWestern.com
Rode Inn(Springerville)
US$98
Americas Best Value Inn(Springerville)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Restaurant
Reed's Lodge(Springerville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmom and popclean roomselkmeadowsrontowelsmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We had a couple of days in Alpine last week and so gorgeous.Always the Sportsmans Lodge is so perfect. We adore Frank and Phylis and Frank's brother is there too. A welcome addition! It is so quiet and the animals are out grazing in the prettiest meadow you've ever see. We sit out and watch them playing all evening. The Restaurants you can walk to and maybe take as ride up to Hannah and Meadow. Great drive. We recommend you go to the Sportsmans Lodge anytime you can Ron and Pat

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Rolled into Alpine without a room booked. Came across this place, seemed ok. It wasn't. The bed was old and felt like sleeping on a trampoline. The bathroom was filthy, & frankly-smelled like urine. Shower curtain was down right nasty. Tons of mold in the falling apart, tiny shower. So musty!! The towels smelled like they were washed with urinal cakes. On the up side- it's very quiet and tranquil outside of the motel. The smell of pine trees, the wind blowing through them, and the sounds of birds in the meadow across the way was relaxing. I'll definitely do my research the next time I traipse through Alpine, AZ.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank acantwell72
Reviewed 16 October 2016

We decided to spend the night in Alpine after a day of wandering on the back roads. We stayed at the Sportsman Lodge in a cozy room with a view of the meadow across the road. We sat out front for around 4 hours watching the cattle, Canadian Geese and elk. It's rutting season for the elk and the bulls entertained us with their bugles. The motel is older but in great condition. Bathrooms were redone recently and the room was clean. I have no problem with recommending the motel for a few leisurely nights at 8,000 feet! We were there in the Fall and it was gorgeous.

Room Tip: Everything from double beds to kitchenette. Owners are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016

There are very few places to stay in Alpine, so I picked this one. I was there to hike Escadilla Mountain which is nearby, My room had a microwave and refrigerator and was spacious and clean. While checking in I was harassed by a pack of four snarling dogs. The man behind the desk tried to soothe them, but the dogs were unhappy with anyone who walked in the door. This is not a welcoming environment and the owners should lock up the dogs and keep them away from guests. My encounter with the dogs was very unsettling and the next time I am in Alpine I will find another motel or sleep in my car. The dogs were that bad.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank OfeliaTConejo
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

We have been coming up here for years! Frank and phylis we consider as friends and family. We love the dogs. We can really unwind and never want to leave! Alpine is as close to heaven well as close as you Can get! Give them a try you won't regret it. Ron and Pat Wallick.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple