“Good Value For The Price”
Review of Kings Inn Anaheim

Kings Inn Anaheim
Ranked #27 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Writing this review while I'm relaxing in the room. For the price of the rooms here this hotel is very good value.

Pros - Easy ten minute walk to Disneyland
Free wifi in rooms!!! This is fantastic especially if you are from overseas and trying to stay in touch with loved ones.
Comfortable beds
Clean rooms
Fairly quiet location except for the fireworks at night but how can you complain when you can stand on the balcony and see them yourself.
I was allowed to check in early as the room was ready which was heaven after traveling all the way from Australia.

Cons - This for me was a really big one....basically everyday there has been no HOT water and I have been showering at different times of the day so it wasn't just in peak. It was so bad my 12 yr old kept refusing to have showers as it was always cold.

As long as you understand that this isn't the Ritz (obviously with the cheap rates that it is) it is an enjoyable and economical stay near Disneyland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Super8k, Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

We want to thank you for the review! It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your visit when staying with us. Agreed the free wifi in the rooms is a plus when wanting to keep in touch with loved ones back home. It is good to hear you enjoyed watching the fireworks from your room. We also have a lovely deck just above the office that is a perfect spot for enjoying fireworks with your family. Thanks again for the review, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Be forewarned: when booking to stay at any Super 8 online, you will get NO refund if you must modify and/or cancel a reservation. They WILL NOT budge on this and they're more than happy to tell you, the customer, how wrong you are. Oh, and the icing on the cake, the personnel continuously said "I'm sorry you feel that way." This was horrible customer service - telling a customer the "feel that way" part.

Room Tip: Book at a place with a negotiable online booking policy and NOT this place. No more Super 8 for me.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thanks so much for the review. Super 8 does have some online promotions which clearly state that the reservation is non refundable, non changeable. The rate on this type of reservation is generally 15 to 20 % off the standard rate for that day. There is an option to reserve a room online at the standard rate that does have our 24 hour cancelation policy. Please be aware of this and book your room accordingly on the web site. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you sometime during your next visit to Anaheim.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Limited service is how Super 8 describes it's property. I needed a place close to the convention center that provided a place to sleep, shower. This place fit the bill. Room was plain but clean. No frills like an iron for my shirts. If you need a budget place to stay and don't need anything else this place works.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear that staying with us fit into your budget. Amenities such as free wifi, complimentary breakfast, free parking as well help to make your stay more affordable. We do have irons and ironing boards, microwaves and fridges available at the front desk per request. We are very close to the Convention Center, just a 5 minute walk from there, making it very easy to get to and from the convention you are attending. We look foward to your next visit with us! Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Single mom of 9 yr old twin girls. We stayed there for five nights. The room was clean, Disneyland is an easy ten min walk. The Gardenwalk is next door with PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, and Bubba Gump. There is also a IHOP and Subway and 7-11 nearby. The staff is so nice and friendly. The shower is for short people and I would hate to be over 5'7 and have to shower there. The pool and hot tub are adequate. There was always hot water. The breakfast is orange juice and apple juice, muffins, small donuts, toast, raisin bran and fruit loops. I took my own oatmeal and warmed it up in the microwave. The seating area is very limited. Parking is free and adequate. I always found parking, there was always plenty of towels in the room, the AC and heater work fine. We returned to the room daily at about 3:00 PM to rest and swim. The kids loved the pool. I loved soaking my tired feet in the hot tub. I felt safe at the motel and there is a laundry room. I was very hesitant to book the room here due to other reviews, but it was a great vacation. Ana and all the staff were very friendly. I forgot a very expensive camera and IPOD in plain view in my room while we were at Universal one day and it was not taken. The ART or bus is right in front of the motel but there is no need for it. Walmart and Target are also in driving distance. I also bought discount tickets to Universal Studios at the front desk. They have discount tickets to many local attractions. My daughter has horrible asthma and they took that into account and placed us far away from the smoking rooms. We arrived before the 3:00 pm check in and were given our room. I will stay here again and I will recommend this place to my friends. I usually stay at other name brand Hotels nearby and this place was just as nice and didn't have to pay for parking. Staff even microwaved my popcorn for me. No more overpaying at the other hotels. FYI I always wear shoes in hotels and motels and always wear flip flops in the shower unless at home. My daughter did walk barefoot on the carpet and her feet did not get dirty or brown. My daughter did say the room had a distinct smell, but I didn't smell anything. We will return for our next Disneyland vacation! Beware that the fireworks are very loud and will keep you up, however I am sure most people will still be at the park at that time. Fireworks can be partially viewed from the pool. Bedding was always clean.

2  Thank gina m
Super8k, Manager at Kings Inn Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

WOW such an awesome review! It's so great to know that you had a great vacation while staying with us. We are upgrading our breakfast choices and will soon have oatmeal availble as well as waffles and yogert and fruit choices. I think you will be happy with the new additions. Ana as well as our other staff have excelent customer service skills and are more than happy to assist in any way they can to make our guest's stay a great one. We look forward to your return, and thanks again for the great review.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is the first time we "walked" to Disneyland from our hotel and it really wasn't too bad! by the time you leave the park, walk to the parking shuttle, wait and scramble for a seat, locate your car by walking some more, negoitate traffic to the hotel without making illegal left hand turns and then try to find a parking space again...you could have as much time and energy invested as just walking the 10-15 minutes back. We loved that the Super 8 was right next door to Garden Walk as it gave us a few more restaurants to choose from. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating. Our only criticism is with the breakfast. It's called "Super Start" and the only real difference between that and the "traditional" continental breakfast is that there is cereal and toast. No boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit (other than apple or orange juice)....just muffins, plain cake donuts and toast. For the price of the room and the location, it wasn't a big deal and we'll just pack a few extras next time. We did bring our portable refrig for cold drinks and while outlets are few, we did find enough plugs or extension cords for our electronics. Internet is free and easily accessible. Didn't use the pool but saw it being serviced nightly. Other than people returning from the park at closing, it was a quiet room and a good nights sleep.

1  Thank mrsanderson

We appreciate the review! It's true we do have an excelent location. Very close to the Disneyland Resort. In just a 10 minute walk you are at the park. We have free parking for our guest's so it makes it so affordable to stay with us and not worry about transportation or parking costs. We are upgrading our breakfast and it will include some additions such as oatmeal, fruit, yogert, and waffles. I think you will be pleased with the upgrade. We look forward to a return visit from you!
Thanks again for the review.