Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riviera Motel(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Castle Inn and Suites(Anaheim)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walkwithin walking distancedouble bedmini suitefree parkinggarden walkfridge and microwavehardwood floorsthe cheesecake factorycontinental breakfastcoffee makerseparate bedroomenjoyed my staydisney parksafter a long dayhot tubwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2014

We really love coming to Anaheim and staying here. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating to us. The breakfast is simple with muffins, danish, juice, coffee, and fresh fruit. The rooms are spacious and comfy. The family room suites our needs to make our family comfortable while we enjoy Disneyland. Thank you to all the staff. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank slethunder
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, and your kind words. We take the comments of our guests
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 17 December 2014

We took a family vacation at the beginning of December. We were exhausted from our trip to our family reunion and even more exhausted from our 2 hr trip to get there.

We pulled up to the hotel around 5:30pm, got our room, ate pizza and swam in the pool all before 8:30pm. We were pleasantly surprised with how nice the rooms were at the time of arrival (never once checking the beds).
We packed up the kids and headed to Disneyland. We enjoyed all the holiday decoration, and road so many. It was truly a magical family moment for us.

Tired, no exhausted, we drug ourselves back to our room around 1am. Showered and put the kids to bed by 1:15am.
By 1:30am it was final our turn to sleep. We pulled the covers down
"AND FOUND BLOOD ON OUR SHEETS"
IT HAD SOAKED CLEAN THROUGH TO THE MATTRESS.

I grabbed the kids out of their bed to find it was dirty too.

Completely grossed out I demanded to speak to the manager. He was no where to be found at 2:30am.
So they put us in a different room until the next day.

I spoke to the manager by 10am the next morning. All he could say was he was sorry.
Our family vacation was ruined.

This is unsanitary and unacceptable. BLOOD ON YOUR SHEETS SPREADS diseases!

Please check your sheets before you get into your bed.

• Stayed: December 2014
6  Thank Disneytraveler5150
bahhallc, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

Dear Guest

As the Manager of this hotel, I would like to apologize about your stay and your experience. The easiest place to start in our response to your review is to say that we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. You are well remembered as our Night Manager relocated you to another room. We have very strict policies on the bedding and how it needs to be changed. We review this on a consistent basis with the housekeepers to prevent these things from happening. We instruct the housekeepers to make the bed in half section, to make sure this does not happen. We will review this policy with our housekeepers again.

Pat

Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

This is the strangest 5 star review I've ever written. The first day I came to this hotel/inn, I pretty much told myself I don't think I will stay here again. This is after a weary day of traveling which included a mere 2 hours of sleep. It's clear the property has been around for a little while judging by how some things were. But this will be a veiled review because the big picture is what really matters.

The first 24 hours after arriving and getting more sleep, I went back to the hotel room to find it nicely turned down. The bed was neatly made, all trash cans emptied, and bathroom towels and such changed out, folded, and replaced. The toilet paper on the dispenser was shaped in the form of one of those hand fans you might see in a hot church. This was done all six days that I was there. Each day I came home to see these things done I couldn't help but smile.

When I saw these things done, it hit me that just like life, this hotel isn't perfect. And it doesn't need be. The morning snack is simple as it's coffee, orange juice, and various simple pastries and donuts. The fact that this hotel isn't perfect but the staff serve you in a way that shows they care about your comfort is what gives this hotel a 5 star rating. It would be criminal for me to rate it otherwise. I was saddened to have to leave as it grew on me over the course of about one week. It's a block and a half from the convention center, in the back yard of Disneyland, and near just about everything else you need it to be near. Overall, don't expect perfection, but it isn't even necessary here.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ElektricMD
bahhallc, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2014

Dear Guests,

Greetings from ABVI and thank you sincerely on your marvelous review. We have read your review with the greatest of pleasure and pride. It makes all our efforts worthwhile when our guest leave ABVI with such fantastic memories. We look forward to greeting you again so please let us know if we can be of any help if you decide to come back. It will be our pleasure to assist you.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 12 December 2014

The reviews were good, and the price was reasonable for a room with enough space for 3 adults and 2 toddlers. I did have concerns, but our stay was more than acceptable. We had a room with 1 king plus a crib, and a double bed in a separate room with a door and an individual a/c unit. Do keep in mind this is a small, older motel. It is the second motel west of the Anaheim Garden Walk, so a good assortment of restaurants are within 1/2 a block. Katella is a busy street, but you step into this little motel courtyard, and the traffic noise fades, the greenery is refreshing and the pool is inviting. A quaint, budget oasis.

Our room was clean, beds fairly comfortable and the place seems to be maintained. Miscellaneous cosmetic issues like a toilet seat that didn't quite fit the toilet, couple of cracked tiles in the bathroom, etc. were minor. No vent fan in the bathroom meant you have to open the window or the door. I would like to see a small closet rack in the second bedroom to put a few things on and be able to hang up some clothes in that room. Pillows were an assortment of super hard, super soft or one that seemed to be chunks of foam rubber stuffed in the pillow case. Odd. The towels were mediocre in size and quality, but when I went to the office to get a couple of extra bath towels, those were nicer. In a room with bedding for 5, we never were given more than 3 hand towels or 3 washcloths. Initially the beds were tripled sheeted, then one day we only rated 2 sheets, so some inconsistency in the housekeeping, but nothing to fret about.

Their breakfast is truly continental with mini muffins, donuts, coffee, apples and oj, but that is what they advertise so no reason to complain. The pool looked nice, but we did not partake.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor so had no noise from rooms above, and at the back of the hotel there was no traffic noise either.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KD-Welsh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We take the comments of our guests very seriously, as our goal is to always improve on meeting and exceeding expectations. We very much appreciate that you stayed with us, and we look forward to being of service to you on future stays in Anaheim.

Reviewed 12 December 2014 via mobile

Well, if you only need a place to spend the night and visit the Disney parks, this is a good value. The property is old but clean and the rooms could use some updating, but for the for the price you cannot ask for more. The complimentary breakfast is just coffe, juice and some bread and muffins. The only thing I disliked is that my phone never charged. It was plugged the entire night and it only charged to 20% not ideal if you want to take pictures with your phone at disneyland.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susana G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the phone charger issues. Thank you again for staying with us we look forward to being of service to you in the future.