“Longtime local ”

Sofia's Taqueria
Ranked #45 of 73 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

I have been going to Sofia's for years. The food in this little out of the way restaurant is authentic and affordable. I'm a big fan of the regular fish taco, $2.95, which comes with beans and a whole grilled fish filet--best dinner deal in town. The sopes and menudo are good. They recently added soft street ( carne asada, al pastor, carnitas ) for under a dollar, or you can go for a full on dinner....

1  Thank WilsonCaineP

Reviewed 26 March 2015

As a mostly vegetarian, I am always looking for good taquierias so that I can have a delicious, healthful vegetarian lunch or light dinner. My pet peeve are places who skimp on the beans and rice and load the taco with mostly lettuce or cabbage. Sofia's is NOT one of those places, and the bean tacos I had were excellent! I was hungry the day I visited, so I ordered two tacos. They were stuffed with rice, beans, fresh and beautiful tomatoes and just enough lettuce to give it a nice crunch. I would have been quite satisfied with just one taco, but I managed to eat both delicious tacos!. The counter person was very friendly, the restaurant was clean and festive looking. This restaurant is tucked away in the corner by the Aptos Cinema in the Rancho Del Mar Shopping Center. Although I'm limited to dairy free selections, I noticed how good the enchiladas and quesadillas looked that other diners were enjoying. Chips and salsa were offered at no extra charge. There is a large variety of drinks available also. For a nice, quick, non-fast food meal, Sofia's is a good choice in Aptos.

1  Thank Rachell S
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very nice people, reliably good, fresh Mexican taqueria food and service. Mexican sodas and beers. Our local standby. What more to ask?

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Wonderful sauces and seasonings here, but I've pretty much found the beef selections to be dry and tough. Have tried several times, but almost always get a chewy dish when it's beef. Stick with the chicken.

Fairly quick service, friendly staff (usually just one or two people behind the counter), and good value for the money. Ability to sit outside with a shared patio of other restaurants.

Recommend: chicken flautas, any of the enchiladas except beef, good salads.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I can't make comments on all of the menu items..but the burritos...are great. I usually can only finish about half of one, so they're a good size to split, especially if you get some chips on the side. Good salsa, good atmosphere and super friendly staff. Also, you can sit in the little courtyard area - there's also pizza around the corner and a deli, so everyone can get what they want and sit together.

Been to Sofia's Taqueria? Share your experiences!