All reviewsno elevatorthird flooran older hotelbasic amenitiescatalina islandyour luggagerooms are smalllocation is greatbed was comfortablecentral locationfront desk staffbeach towelsfloor roomice machinemiddle of towndefinitely stay here againflights of stairs
Reviewed 25 November 2017

The room smelled like smoke from time to time and the bath room was dirty and I had to call and complain.
The towels were like sandpaper.
They give you a voucher to go to a coffee shop a few doors down to get a coffee and muffin or danish.

Room Tip: Location only good thing it has to offer.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Hotel Atwater, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Susanna,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your stay did not meet with your expectations. We pride ourselves on offering clean and comfortable rooms. Since we are a non-smoking hotel, the smoke smell was likely from outside of the hotel.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Pros: Better than what I expected, the suite is large enough to comfortably accommodate three people and I'm pretty sure it can accommodate more. Although the hotel itself a bit aged, everything is clean and facilities are well preserved. The hotel is close to nearly anywhere in Avalon. The front desk was pretty nice and gave us some suggestions to watch the sunrise.

Cons: The TV in the room sometimes turns on itself automatically. The breakfast choices weren't too much (the bakeries taste pretty good though) and during the night the neighbors were quite noisy and disturbing.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Jingyuan,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Atwater. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

It was clean but very small bathroom. Other wise it was nice to stay there. They sent me to a cafeteria and it was nice because i liked my yogurt. I really liked to stay there. I recomend this place

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mariela,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Atwater. I'm glad to hear the you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

When the lobby is the highpoint of a hotel, you're going to have a problem. The location is great, and this place has so much potential. It's just so.... dated. It's unfortunate that the Atwater hasn't been updated or received the TLC it deserves. Perhaps someday - but the day I stayed was not that day.

Stayed: August 2017
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Hotel Atwater, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Greg,
Thank you for your feedback. The hotel is almost 100 years old and will be undergoing an 18 month renovation starting in 2018.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

When i checked in Sarah at the front desked noticed that the online booking company I used had the wrong dates for my stay and quickly fixed my itinerary and found me a open room there that was clean and ready for check in. The employees were knowledgeable to my questions andd made it a great stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear David,
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Atwater. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.