1,051 results
All reviews butler service oxygen lounge champagne sabering remede spa mary pat chefs club ski shop lobby bar beautiful hotel turn down service in town shadow mountain concierge desk luxury hotel little nell one bedroom suite ski gear
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Spent 3 days at the St. Regis for business and it was fantastic. The hotel itself is beautiful and the amenities are first class. The staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. The suite was spectacular and the entire experience was absolutely first class.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I stayed here for my honeymoon in October. The staff was friendly, and even upgraded our room! We had spectacular views of the courtyard and the changing aspen trees on the mountain. Little details like smores by the fire and nightly cocktails made staying here a delight. The central location can't be beat--we explored downtown AND made our way out to Maroon Bells! The spa could use a little updating and renovating, but overall, it was a dreamy stay with St. Regis.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I stayed at the beautiful St. Regis Aspen in early October for 4 nights. This was my first trip to Aspen and I will certainly be back.

AIRPORT SHUTTLE:
Hotel shuttle service at the airport was quick and friendly and the driver was full of recommendations for things to do and see.What a pleasant experience!

CHECK IN:
I arrived earlier than the normal check in time and was pleased that the check in clerk was able to provide a room straight away without any hesitation or wait.

ROOM:
I stayed in a One Bedroom Suite (with no balcony or fireplace) overlooking the pool area. The room was very generous in size and on a corner of the building with huge windows that provided plenty of natural light. The bathroom was extremely large, newly refinished and very comfortable. The shower was one of the best showers I have experienced in a hotel - with a beautiful rain showerhead, lovely products and great water pressure. The bedroom and separate living room were very large and furnished very luxuriously. Hardwood flooring in the livingroom and bedroom is a nice design feature that makes you feel at home.
I used the butler service for the complementary coffee and tea service on a daily basis. All those that I encountered on the butler staff were friendly and never loomed or lingered for gratuity.
Maid service was spot on and they look their time to make up the room each day. I had the fortunate experience of being in the room when they were refreshing it and the maid was training another woman and you could see/hear her pointing out all of the intricate details they must attend to, very impressive.

LOBBY LOUNGE/BAR
I spent some time each day or evening fireside in the lounge in the lobby area. Drinks were reasonably priced and complimentary snacks provided seemed unlimited as they would refill them as soon as they got low. A menu is available of light fare and afternoon tea, but I did not try any of that this time (maybe next time!). I did see others who ordered food and they seemed pleased. Self-serve complementary coffee and tea is provided in this area in the morning with to-go cups and this area is kept clean and well stocked throughout the morning for guests.

POOL/HOT TUBS:
The first night in the hotel, although it was early fall and the leaves were changing beautifully, it snowed lightly and dusted the pool area with snow. the pool staff maintained the pool and hot tubs despite the snow and guests continued to enjoy the 3 hot tubs and pool. I used the Hot Tub several times and particularly enjoyed it while it was snowing. Towels are conveniently provided in a closed cabinet nearby. I did not experience any drink service while in the Hot Tub as no servers came outside. I suppose you could bring your own beverage or ask at the lobby bar if you could bring your glass outside to the pool.

RESTAURANTS:
I only used the breakfast restaurant in the hotel. Most other meals were enjoyed in nearby restaurants in town. I enjoyed the breakfast menu selection and the meals I had were above average. The wait staff in the restaurant are pleasant and remembered my name each day.

SPA/FITNESS CENTER:
Well, it can't all be perfect, can it? The spa and fitness center was a BIG disappointment.
First, the fitness center - the location is through an odd doorway in a poorly marked location near the conference ballrooms. The small one-room (well, two-rooms in you include the yoga studio) is an odd crescent shaped room with outdated equipment and dark lighting. Most visitors to aspen are outdoorsy types who enjoy physical activity and being fit - this, I would imagine is a key demographic of the visitors to the hotel, therefore it would be reasonable that the St. Regis would have the best fitness center for these guests who want the best-of-the-best in all things. Nope. I used the fitness center once and never went back, unfortunate as I enjoy a nice workout while on vacation to burn off the inevitable excess calories consumed.
And now, the spa - always a highlight of every vacation for me and something I was very much looking forward to. Unfortunately this was one of the worst spas I have been to anywhere. The check in counter is awkward with high monitors covering the faces of the reception clerks which made for an unwelcome interaction. The spa facility is small with a co-ed waiting area and locker rooms each with a wet room (Hot Tub and steam room) and a co-ed hot tub with a waterfall feature. The first thing I noticed in the women's facility, is that there is no where to sit down and relax, no loungers - not even in the co-ed waiting area (which felt like a doctor's office from 1975 with hard upright seating and plastic/faux-leather furniture. The wet room in the woman's locker room was small and difficult/dangerous to climb in and out of the hot tub. Why, oh why, is there no Sauna in this spa? This is a mountain lodge hotel reinstatement of a beautiful Swiss chalet..which should have a wonderful wood sauna. The best sauna experience I have had is at the Encore Hotel Spa in Las Vegas - management please install a similar sauna on your next remodel (which cannot come soon enough). I received a massage treatment which was not memorable or worth the money.I usually arrive 3 hours before my treatment to enjoy the spa facilities however, after 30 minutes I was ready to leave and retreated to my hotel room until it was time for my massage treatment when I went back down to the spa and returned promptly after. Overall very disappointing and not on par with what this hotel should offer.

All in all, I will be back to the St. Regis as I really and truly had a wonderful time, although I know now that the fitness center and spa will not get any of my time, energy or money

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Totally loved our stay here. We visited in October 13-16, 2017. From begining when we were picked up late at night at the airport by the hotel's shuttle by the adorably sweet valet, Tyler, to being driven back in the same comfortable style we enjoyed our stay every moment. When we visited the hotels ambiance was a relaxing quiet. During the weekend they had several hotel activities scheduled like wine tastings and smores by the fire pits; they were all free to participate. The decor was very luxurious and they were renovating so that it would look even more pristine and up to date. Our bedroom had comfortable clean beds, and had an open concept. So, we could open a sliding door from the bathroom to connect to the main room. The staff was friendly when we would make request for things like tea or for our coffee machine to be fixed or replaced; but the front office staff tended to drag on conversations with other guests about their day, while we politely waited to make a quick request for hot water to be brought up. But that really is our only complaint. I love the fact that they have a partnership with Lexus, as we had the opportunity to drive a Lexus SUV for a day to visit the Colorado sights like Marroon Bells.

Room Tip: I believe you can request mountain view rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

A St. Regis will always be a nice property but this is like staying at a botanical garden.
The grounds are lovely. From the pool you have a great view of the mountains. The staff is very friendly and they had live music in the hotel and out at the pool most days/nights.
The property is spotless and the food at the pool is really good but it would be nice if they had a larger menu. Great location- close to all of the restaurants in downtown Aspen.

Room Tip: The views of both the courtyard and the town of Aspen are nice
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple