“Not flexible with schedule”

The Residence Hotel
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Aspen
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Was not able to stay here, I tried to cancel my reservation 3 weeks in advance, said they could not cancel in less than one month, they kept my deposit and charged me for 3 nights (at a premium). This was early October, not a busy time. So I don't recommend booking at the hotel. My booking was not through some "special" rate.

Room Tip: Do not recommend booking at this Hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
T B, Owner at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

I'm very sorry Mr. Gerry B. could not stay the weekend of Oct. 7th, 2017.
My hotel only has 7 suites and during Sept and Oct. we are almost full. Even one late cancellation can be difficult to resell, as we do not have walk in traffic.
I told Mr. B. that if I could resell it, I would refund his money......(I am the only who does that in town.) but, I asked him to stay in touch with me.
He did not stay in touch with me.
His room rate was 199 per night, the lowest rate I have during the whole year.
My cancellation policy is very clear.
It is the same policy every hotel in town has.
I am sorry he couldn't stay, he never told me why he was cancelling.
I was not able to rebook his suite.
I am such a small operation, but I was going to offer him a credit for a year when he called back.....but after this unkind review, I have changed my mind.
Sorry ,
Terry Butler
Owner/operator

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Terry is such an amazing host. The location is a plus, you can pretty much walk to all the nice restaurants in the locality.
The suites are very cozy , eclectic and doesn't give a feel of a commercial hotel which is nice if you are looking for an experience in addition to just the stay. I would come back again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
T B, Owner at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

I really liked that family. I hope they come back.
xoxo,

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Well we have been staying at the Residence Hotel for 5 years now and it just seems to be better every year. We love the location, the amenities and the owner is unbelievable.

I would never stay at another location than with Terry and her staff.

I have been going to Aspen for (40) forty years every September and was so lucky to find this place 5 years ago. It isa true jewel in the ever expanding Aslen market.

Give it a try...you will be extremely pleased.

Thanks again
Frank & Hattie Kennedy

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

I love the Kennedy family. I am thrilled they found me 5 years ago and it always makes me happy knowing they are returning in Sept.
Great family.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

One of a kind accommodations. Lovely decor and ambiance. Would definitely stay again. Terry, the owner was available and helpful with suggestions. Loved the pictures in the lobby of Terry and all her celebrity friends.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
T B, Owner at The Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review. Come see me again soon.
Thanks,

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It's a funky spot. Feels kind of a brothel. Parking is a drag, if u need access to your car it's a bad choice. Overall, different but nice. The owner hangs in the foyer and greeted us and others. I think there are only 8 or 9 rooms. All have a different feel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple