“Celery Nibblers find a trendy somewhere else. ”
Review of Hickory House

Hickory House
Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: US$12 - US$12
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Love celery smoothies? Vegan, Vulcan or Vulgarian? Stay away please. We went for breakfast before skiing. Now we are like the Duracell bunnies- we can ski all day. I love eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, hash browns, butter, coffee and full fat milk and feeling happy and full. If you are a killjoy celery nibbler don’t come here. Love it.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Classic character, dynamite ribs and combo meals. Usually a local crowd. Get there early during peak season. Always good!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Coming from Australia, a great typical American BBQ restaurant. (Back home you would pay double for those ribs!) Good value for money for the amount of meat you get. The sides were also delicious. Definitely worth a trip- Nice authentic American lil place.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I called the "Hickory House" whether it's possible to reserve a table. After I asked the waiter on the telephone he hang up. I tought it was a Problem with the Connection.
I called him again. And after my question he hung up again without any reason.
I've never experienced such a arrogant and rude behaviour for a "low-Budget-Restauranr"!!!!!
I tought myself let's spend my Money to another Restaurant. So we walked to the "Red onion". This was a great decision.

1  Thank Oliver B
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We all decided on a night at the Hickory House during our holiday in Aspen. It came highly recommend by friends for comfort food, laid back atmosphere and good friendly service. One of our family members was hurt skiing so we decided to call in take out. Big mistake. It was incredibly disturbing in this day and age to see a restaurant so incredibly ignorant of the environment. Everything was in large styrofoam containers and all of those were loaded up into plastic bags. Wow. We were all stunned and had a hard time even enjoying our food.

Been to Hickory House? Share your experiences!