“a red sauce i liked”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2017

i have never liked red sauce and have preferred no italian white sauces or oils they have a great sauce made with fresh tomatoes and none of that tomato paste and such a very pleasant surprise the setting is nice and the service is good there is a tendency to order too much to try everything would go back there again

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Being a chain restaurant we knew what the food would be like. However, the asparagus and prosciutto small bites are out of this world (and more than enough to share). We also shared the linguini positano with chicken (again more than enough to share) so overall the price for dinner for 2 people was extremely affordable.

However, what made this Carrabba's stand out was our server Sheryl. Why can't everyone be like her? She provided great recommendations, was a good conversationalist, extremely friendly, etc. She appears to love her job and it shows.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

For a large chain with a scratch made kitchen Carrabba's is pretty consistently good. On this visit the quality was very good although $20.50 for a 3"x2" square of lasagna and a small chicken parmigiana is not a great value. The service was friendly and well paced. Dinner for 3 with 3 entrees, 2 cocktails and one dessert was $77 plus tip. A bit steep.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Had a very good meal. They had a Monday special, which I thought would be smaller portions, but they were the full size. Food tasted great and our waitress provided very good service.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Asked Tabitha if salad could be made with no onions. Tabitha stated "no problem". 1/3 of the way through a bitter, poorly dressed pile of greens I bit into an onion. I spit what was in my mouth onto the plate and pushed it away. A few minutes later Tabitha walked by, stopped, and asked if I was finished with the salad. I stated "there is onion in it". She asked if I was allergic, as if that had anything to do with the fact that my salad was not as I ordered it. I said somewhat, mostly I find them repulsive and biting into them makes me queasy, always has, which is why I asked if I could have my salad made without them. A few minutes later as I pondered whether just to get up and leave, a tall young man came and loomed over me, asking "how was my salad"? I stated "Disappointing". He was all apologies. I stated "these things happen. I am disappointed, not angry and am hoping that the entree more than makes up for the lack of attention to my salad." He stated "I will make sure that your entree is perfectly prepared". I stated "I would appreciate that". My entree was the Veal Marsala with an upcharged side of Fettucine Alfredo. Imagine my shock when my plate arrived and my first bite into the Fettucine revealed it to be COLD! I was stunned after being told that my entree would be "perfectly prepared". When Tabitha stopped by the table, I informed her of the temperature issue and she left to get a fresh plate of Fettucine Alfredo. Nearly ten minutes later and once I had finished approximately 3/4 of the Veal, she returned with a piping hot small plate of pasta. I am 54 years old and have eaten pasta in many restaurants and cooked plenty of it myself and I can tell you that this was just plain terrible. The pasta was undercooked, chewy, and tasteless. The sauce, while hot, was not tasty. Too thin and too salty.
I never saw the "manager" again. I fully expected to be offered some sort of discount for the disaster that was this meal, but no, even though nearly half the salad was inedible, my entree was not properly prepared, and the replacement was more than disappointing, my check was for the full price, without even so much as an apology. I haven't been so disappointed in a $25.00 meal in many, many years and I will tell all of my friends, family, and any acquaintances who ask to not waste $25.00 on a meal not fit to eat.

Carrabbas, Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

We feel terrible that this was your experience with us. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Aurora, CO". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline