“Great food...interesting service”

Add it.
Samarkand
Ranked #276 of 806 Restaurants in Aurora
Reviewed 8 November 2016

Yes, the food was great. Excellent borscht and the kebabs were superior. The service, however, was...thorough. The young woman serving us went over literally every single thing on the menu, telling us what it was (already labeled), how fresh everything was, how much she liked it, how much the cook enjoyed making it, her kindergarten teacher, etc. Great service and a very sweet kid, but after about 20 minutes we kind of wanted her to just go away and let us...order. Once we finally did, it was great!
The decor is fun, too. Obviously a lot of dancing and celebrations take place here. The floor is wide open (no tables in the middle), and there's a stage for live music or karaoke, the latter of which I hate to no end. So come for the great food, and take home some amazing leftovers!
No beer though. :(

Reviewed 22 April 2016

This place has been here about one year and I have finally tried it. When we entered for lunch there were two other people in the restaurant. Looks like it sits about 40 although with more tables it could accommodate a lot more.

We were here for lunch and ordered the lunch special which was soup, salad and kabob. The soup was borscht and it was excellent, the salad was a good size and tasty and the kabob was more like hamburger meat pressed onto a skewer. High marks for the soup and average for the salad and kabob.

The person waiting on us did an adequate job.

Parking is in the small lot in this strip mall.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

The Parker Road corridor has lots of choices for ethnic food. I just found a new place, Samarkand. It is where Little Europe used to be. They say they serve Uzbek food. The decor is very interesting. You just have to see it, it's truly like being in another country. The owner doesn't speak a lot of English. The clientele is definitely Russian speaking and the restaurant caters to this community. But they welcome all. There is soft Russian music playing. There is a small stage for live music, their website says it's on Saturday. The green salad was enormous. I have been twice, I wanted to try the stroganoff, but they had run out. I had the kabobs which were tasty. It is amusing to see a restaurant with a bar where the bottles of alcohol are hidden away behind some kind of colorful Russian or Uzbeki curtain. Don't worry they have vodka, it's a Russian place afterall. They have a new menu I think, and I don't think they have stroganoff anymore. But the service was fast and the prices reasonable.

Been to Samarkand? Share your experiences!