“Clean, nice rooms, good food”
Review of The Elephant Trail

The Elephant Trail
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Avon
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We only stayed for one night. Very nice rooms on the ground floor, which we had asked for, as one in our company finds it difficult to walk in stairs. Quite spacious room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. There is no mozzie net, but we did not need it. We went on a safari, that we booked though the hotel, in the morning and got a breakfast pack from the hotel. The pack was quite basic, white bread a juice, boiled egg and a banana. We thoroughly enjoyed the safari at Uduwalabe, especially since the jeep was comfortable compared with others that we saw. The staff were quite friendly and eager to make sure we had a nice stay. The buffet dinner in the evening was good value.
The pool is nice, but there is no privacy, everyone can watch you swimming.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We were on a visit in CT and we went to the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. We asked our hosts to chose the restaurant and we were not disappointed with their choice. All the food ordered was excellent. And being in a group, we were able to have a taste of various Thai dishes. If you are on a visit in Connecticut, do not miss having lunch or dinner at the Elephant Trail. Especially if you love Thai food. The atmosphere is inviting, the staff are very attentive and the flavours are super.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We arrived early on a Wednesday night. Only a few diners in the restaurant..the longer we stayed more customers showed up, along with others with 'to go' orders. We were quickly welcomed then, seated. With the menu, our waitress brought a bottle of prepared, basil infused cold water (nice touch). The menu included a full compliment of Thai food choices. I ordered the Elephant Trail Kai Pow, it was prepared with all fresh veggies with chicken as the protein. The Kai Pow had a slowly building spiciness to it. I don't remember what my wife ordered but, she enjoyed her meal. With our check our waitress brought a selection of fresh fruit. It was our first visit to Avon, CT, and I'm sure if we visit again we will visit the Elephant Trail.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Very tasty Thai food with friendly service. I had the chicken basil special and it was delicious. Reasonably priced. Would recommend.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My 4th time here and the food is always excellent. This particular visit we ordered Spring & Summer Rolls as appetizers, the Rama with chicken was my main entree & coconut ice cream for dessert. The waitstaff is very attentive and friendly. There was live jazz which was great. Our new favorite place!

Been to The Elephant Trail? Share your experiences!