“Ayurveda health retreat was a peaceful kind environment.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alachua
Ayurveda Health Retreat
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I am glad I stumbled upon Ayurveda health retreat. It was exactly what I had hoped for. A chilled... kind environment. I ate healthy, slept on soft sheets, participated in a morning and evening yoga class, met kind interesting people and enjoyed stillness.
I especially enjoyed the family like dinner table. There was always an interesting story and flavorful vegetarian cuisine.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed 2 March 2011

I visited the retreat exhausted, spent, and in some real need of taking care of myself. Immediately I felt comfortable, relaxed, and so excited to start my treatments. Richard and all of the wonderful people at the retreat do a remarkable job of making you feel cared for.
The room was very comfortable, pleasant, I slept very well. The ayurvedic meals were delicious and inspired me to come home and give some of the recipes a try. Each therapist I experienced was a true healer, very knowledgeable, and gifted at what they do. Panchakarma was a wonderful experience, the stress just melted away! I also had a Thai massage, and that was beyond the beyond, amazing!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DizzylizzyCincinnati
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I was new to Ayurveda and decided I needed to learn more, so I traveled from Philadelphia to Alachua to learn more. My experience was truly blissful. Richard and his team are wonderful; very nice; very caring; very informative. I had five panchakarma treatments that were excellent. I also enjoyed the great food and yoga twice a day. The windchimes, birds chirping, the warm sun and the wonderful tea combined to give me the most relaxation I've probably ever had in 50 plus years! Also, I would highly recommend the Transformational Breathing technique. It did more for me than years of therapy ever have related to getting to core issues. I hope to return with my significant other soon!! Richard and Team-Thank you again!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sunnyjunek
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I heard about this place and was planning a visit to Gainesville for another reason so asked if I could come by and get a tour and perhaps stay overnight. Richard who runs the place was really nice and totally hospitable. We not only were able to stay overnight for a very reasonable cost but were invited for breakfast, lunch and a yoga class. the environment was totally healing, so much so that we decided to stay an extra night. We also each did a consult with Richard, which we found very valuable.

There were some very nice people going through there and also working there, so we met some interesting people.

Would love to come back for a longer stay

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2011

This was a blissful, enlightening, nourishing and happy experience!!! I immediately connected with the wonderfully friendly and caring staff that felt just like family along with the beautiful energy of the surroundings...I had very helpful ayurvedic constitution evaluations, flavorful and delicious vegetarian meals, one of a kind Panchacarma treatments, great yoga lessons everyday, accurate astrology readings, and wonderful teas all day long not to mention amazing books everywhere. The weather was divine and the small city has an air of lost in time that is enchanting The whole setting is design to take you away either within yourself or up in higher dimentions....
II am taking home what I learn and in time I'd to return to recharge again :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Been to Ayurveda Health Retreat? Share your experiences!