“Very Good Chinese”

Ranked #46 of 120 Restaurants in Aventura
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Chinese Cuisine with Dishes from North & South of China. Offers wonderful upscale dining experience with plenty of delicious surprises. Serves traditional Chinese cuisine, Peking duck, Mongolian beef, Dim sum, and many more.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

This is a traditional, quite good, Chinese restaurant. We started with the wonton soup, which was excellent. It had shrimp wontons, pork strips and vegetables. The broth had a great flavor. They brought fried wonton noodles with two sauces which we enjoyed. We then dived into the egg rolls. They were served hot and were very good. We next shared pork lo mein. It too was excellent and ample for us to share. Since we are not from this area, we were lucky to find this restaurant. As an aside, it is not easy to find. While the GPS was accurate, it is on the first floor of a condo or apartment complex and you don't expect to be there. It is on a corner of the building but signage isn't prominent. It is behind a Publix on the south end. We ate there 04/14/2017.

1  Thank JFortMyers

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Being from New York I am always searching for a good Chinese restaurant.
I also mostly do take out. Well I found Mr Chef and gave it a luncheon try out.
Ordered Sesame beef lunch. Lunch comes with soup and choice of rice.
Restaurant is nice and has dining room and bar.
But my lunch was very good. So test one done. Then hit it again this time for a dinner takeout with the wife. We did dumplings, orange beef and chicken with broccoli. Wow a hit for us both.
So we have now been back for a few dinners and lunches. To my surprise so far consistent In all meals being very good. The egg rolls are also good.
So we will continue to take out from Mr Chef's Aventura. Oh BTW I order online
ahead of time. I just drive up at the time I request. Get my food and back in the car to home. They have passed all tests so far.
We are happy to have a go to Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I met some friends for a quick bite, not really a fan of Chinese food, but I wanted to write a review because food was good, place was pleasant and clean. It is a popular place in Aventura for casual Chinese food.

2  Thank BeatrizG2
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Usual menu found in thousands of restaurants prepared with little creativity. Because prices are relatively low for the area, it is a good value.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

I happened to try this place just to get a quick lunch. The food and service was soo good I went back for dinner. The dining atmosphere is more sophisticated than you would think for this type of restaurant which makes for an every more pleasant and surprising dining experience.