“Fantastic Sushi and Asian Cuisine”
Review of Sushi Siam

Sushi Siam
Ranked #24 of 120 Restaurants in Aventura
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2014

My daughter and I went here because of the movie theatre across the corridor. It was absolutely fantastic! Best Pad Thai I ever had, and her sushi was so fresh and excellent. They also have habachii demonstration show cooking which was fun to watch. Would never have thought a 'mall' restaurant could be so good, and the wait staff was excellent. A bit pricey, but well worth it.

Reviewed 27 September 2014

This restaurant located on the 3rd floor of the Aventura mall. Has a good variety of Thani 7 Japan meals.
We have ordered couple of dishes and all was good. And looks like i have the best red curry with scallops in my entire life. It was delicious and the portion of this meal was huge, you can easily share with somebody you came with.
Service was ok but not great. We stat talking to the waiter and he sad he know Russian and start talk to us in Russian. I do think if the restaurant has a waiter that can speak Russian it's not good. Better to have some authentic people working for the Thai & Japaneese cuisine that have born on those areas instead of russian guy.
Anyway the food was great. Come here for the tasty Thai & Japan cuisine.

Reviewed 21 September 2014

When at the Aventura mall, this place is one of my favorites. The food is very good,prices are average , service is great and best of all........you are in the middle of it all.

Reviewed 6 September 2014

I'm not a fan of giving (or even reading) blatantly negative reviews. I'm too aware that my opinion may affect the livelihood of others -- especially the workers, the chefs, the cooks, the servers, busboys, down to the dishwashers -- who depend on their jobs to put a roof over their heads, and feed themselves and their families. Like name-calling, destructive and condemnatory comments tend to change little, and prove only that the writer has an axe to grind. However, I also have to call it as I see it (and taste it), which presents a curious problem when trying to maintain some degree of objectivity while explaining my disappointment and/or disapproval.

Sushi Siam is a clean and pleasant establishment. The bar and table service is average (keep the plates coming and the customers flowing), and the food, although fresh and adequately prepared, is just better than average. This is not because of the quality, as much as it is the lack of imagination, taste and lackluster presentation.

The many offerings on the menu -- too many for my taste -- are bland and uninspired, and mostly flatline. This is particularly true of the Japanese fare, especially the variety of rolls, which (to my taste) are as insipid and unexciting as anything this side of a Las Vegas sushi buffet. Sushi by the numbers, the blah-blah basics, no wow factor whatsoever.

The Thai offerings are much better, seemingly due to the fact that the primary influence behind the restaurant is from Thailand, the "Sushi" in the name being a well calculated afterthought to attract a wider clientele. The one Thai dish we (my Wife, we shared) had was indeed flavorful, but a bit plain.

The prices, too, are on the high side and disproportionate to the quality and service... $154.17 (before tip) for a family of four, including two children -- one a nine y/o who ate only white rice (he doesn't like Sushi or Thai). That's a bit excessive when there are other places in Aventura where one could eat just as well for less; but we were here by choice, since we were going to the movies.

The restaurant, you see, is located across from the AMC Aventura 24, and the only other food option on that floor is a Johnny Rockets fast food burger place. Sushi Siam may make sense for a before-or-after movie treat, but not as a destination restaurant.

(Ironically, we went to see "The Hundred-Foot Journey", a lovely film where the marriage of Indian family-style cooking and French haute cuisine make for a delightful culinary dramedy.)

1  Thank TonyParodi
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The food is good, sushi, pad thai, chicken kat su. Prices are quite high, service is not that good, but considering ita inside the mall, choices are quite limited.