“Average fare - maybe go for the piano bar”

Altobeli's Italian Restaurant & Piano Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Altobeli's Italian Restaurant & Piano Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 561 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Haynes Bridge Road
Description: Serving North Metro Atlanta since 1988, Traditional and authentic menu items from all regions of Italy. Fully stocked bar and expanded wine list. Live entertainment every night, with 5 nights Piano and vocals and 2 nights of Jazz and Motown, Altobeli's is the place for the hottest entertainment anywhere east of Mississippi. Past featured singers includes late Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, Toni Braxton, and... 2 private dining rooms with 30 and 50 capacity respectively , Open nightly at 5 for dinner and Lunch Tuesday - Friday.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Their little bread rolls are quite yummy - especially when they come out hot. Calamari and bruschetta starters were average - calamari a bit overcooked. Pasta with clams was full of canned clams and topped with some whole ones. Pasta just ok; sauce ok - three bites was enough. Trio with chicken, veal and shrimp piccata was also just ok. Plenty on the menu so pretty much everyone in a large group can find something to eat. Pretty empty on a Thursday night, but the piano bar was so loud a group of us in the back could hardly hear each other across the table. Staff was friendly. But the folks in the piano bar seemed to be having a good time! Parking is easy enough in the strip center.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The food was very good, but cold, which I attribute to the slow service. No.... being cute, as a server, does not compensate for exceptionally slow service. Thank goodness the food still tasted good, and the piano bar aspect was super fun...

AlBashiri, General Manager at Altobeli's Italian Restaurant & Piano Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear guest, Read your comments and I wanted to apologize for not so good of service you and your party received.
I hope you will give us another chance to show our hospitality.
I will address your concerns to kitchen and wait staff and will improve on it.

Have a great weekend.
Al Bashiri
Managing partner
Altobeli's

Reviewed 8 March 2018

If you have ever been to NY, you know what to expect, in a dimly lit, white table cloth, piano playing, Italian restaurant. Right down to the wait staff. Older gentlemen, mostly family, that have been working there since the beginning, New Yorker's. I happen to find some of the attitude charming. Makes the place authentic. So, with that said, do not go on a Saturday night, unless you plan on being there, under a hour. Personally, I spend at least two hours there and do not allow anyone, to rush me, through anything. We start with a Italian bottle of red, enjoy a glass, then we move on to the apps before we order dinner. Once the 2nd bottle of wine is ordered, we move on to the main dish. The calamari, artichokes and zucchini are delicious. Don't forget to ask for some olive oil and balsamic, to dip your rolls into. I order the same thing, every time. It's a classic. The Bolognese. A slow cooked pot of goodness. I get mine with fettuccine noodles. Never disappoints. My table ordered the Eggplant dish and their version of fettuccine Alfredo. Both were delicious. They have a wide variety, on their menu. They have seafood, meat, chicken, gluten free and veggie dishes. After dinner we order a Sambuca and the Neapolitan coffee (complete with Baileys, Frangelica and Kahlua) with a slice of cheesecake and the lemon cream cake. Yep, we like to go all out Italian. I go on a Sunday evening or during the week. I do not like to be rushed. The live piano music is 7 days a week. Very NY. It's usually a older crowd because of the entire dining experience. If you truly want to enjoy this experience, do not take children. Just sayin......

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We dined at Altobeli's last night for my mother's dinner. The waitstaff acted as though they hated to be there. One of our guests was given the wrong meal - and charged for it and her original meal after receiving the correct meal. Not many pasta dishes available. I ordered a simple angel hair and marinara sauce which was mushy, overly salted sauce and something in the sauce was burnt. How can you mess up pasta/marinara? The tiramisu was just a dish of whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles on top. No wine list. I will give them that their house salad dressing is pretty good. The only good part of the meal. I agree with other posts about the waitstaff writing on the receipts and they did that with us as well. Not real professional. Two and half hours to get to this restaurant for a subpar meal. Won't be dining there again. Too many other good Italian restaurants around.

1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Tried Altobeli's for first time. It was their Christmas show night. The entertainment was very good. Dinner entrees were good but not exceptional. Caesar salad was just fair-- dressing did not have a ton of flavor, croutons were cheap bought ones & no extra shredded parm. cheese on top. It was a fun night but since we live 30-40 minutes away it was not memorable enough to return.