11 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
No prepayment needed
1,183 results
All reviews taco shack family cottage dirty martini garden cottage diamond member private beach is beautiful the cottages golf cart the main house minute boat ride main restaurant sea lice paddle boards fitness center ambergris caye bug spray tacos
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2023

I have been to San Pedro many times and stayed at various resorts over the past decades. This was my first time staying at this Hilton property.

My wife and I were very disappointed with this property. From our perspective, it was in the middle of an active construction zone and too many outlets were were closed due to the 'off season.' We experienced trucks and construction noises from 4:30 am on two of our five mornings and on the first night of our stay we were required to change rooms because of a leak in the unit below us. Construction workers on bikes and carts were present at all times throughout the property. We booked months in advance but were notified a week from the trip that the main restaurant was closed and we had no notice of construction. On-request housecleaning did not show for two of the days.

Room tip: The pool is great but it took me 2 attempts in 4 days to have someone change the battery in the chirping smoke alarm in the pool building.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 7 November 2023

Fantastic experience. A great location to retreat away from the heart of the city. Amenities and building are new and well kept. Professional, kind, and polite.
Pool was beautiful and the outside bar is great. Coffee shop and burger hut were great.

We caught fish on an excursion and they cooked it for us. Delicious!!!!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2023

Every employee we interacted with went the extra mile to assist us and make our stay great. Room was clean and well appointed. Excellent (and generous) breakfast. Other restaurants were good but not stellar.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
1  Thank EsquireKC33
Reviewed 1 November 2023

I don't know where to start. Please do not pick this resort based on the pictures on the website. Please do not pick this resort based on the reviews from people prior to 2021.
The hotel has a lot going on (Construction) without having anything going on. This was the most boring resort I have ever stayed at. There were 0 events/activities happening on site, the beach club is nice and boring with lots of sand flies/fleas/lice (whatever you want to call them) and again no activities. I'm just not sure what you're supposed to do at Mahogany Bay other than sleep, listen and watch the construction, stare at the clouds and get eaten alive by the mosquitoes and the sand lice. They are basically on a swamp and do nothing to counter the bugs, especially the mosquitoes so be prepared to be breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack for them.
They don't have different restaurants or food options on site for you to choose from. No coffee maker or hot water kettle in the room to make your own coffee or tea in the morning.
I am 40 years old, I wasn't looking for a party resort but I definitely felt like I wasted my money on what should be a 65 plus resort or a resort for retirees. My 70 year old parents refused to stay here after my experience and I ended up booking them at a different resort on the island.
After staying at the Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya, this was a huge disappointment for me, my family and friends and a complete waste of money. This did not feel like a Hilton hotel at all and did not live up to the other experiences I have had at other Hilton Hotels and Resorts.

Did I mention I came back home with my entire back and shoulders covered in severe bites from whatever is in the sand, water and trees of their Beach Club!
Suggestions:
Get some events/activities going for all ages or simply become a 70 plus only resort!!!
Do something about the Mosquitoes!!!!
Upgrade your rooms with more amenities!!!

Room tip: Not worth the money. Make sure they aren't doing construction.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jen M
Reviewed 31 October 2023

Overall the property was beautiful and the staff was great!! I am a HH Diamond member and was upgraded from a regular King Garden Cottage to a King Keeping Suite with a front porch and kitchenette area as well as provided a daily $15 food credit. Two items that I think travelers should be mindful of: We were there the last week in October 2023, right before high season which begins (Nov 15th). The gym, spa, and arial yoga was closed because the resort was not as heavily booked. This was a disappointment because I was not told this in advance and it was not posted anywhere while making the reservation online. One of the main reasons I choose this location because I wanted to try the arial yoga as well as go to the spa. Also there is no beach area where the cottages are. You have to catch a boat over to their private island, which is beautiful and has amenities and water crafts. The shuttle boat ran every hour and a half, it started 10:00 am and the last boat left the island at around 5:00 pm. This was not a lot of time to spend at the beach. I am a morning person and would have loved to walk along the beach at sunrise, which could not be done due to the boat shuttle schedule.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton