Lowest prices for your stay
RM 1,385
Hotels.com
RM 1,385
Danny
Boston, Massachusetts
Paradise on Earth
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Nov 2023via mobile
Paradise on Earth

My trip to Belize has been better than expected due to the experience I’ve had a the Mahogany Bay Resort and Club. Everything from the service to the food and atmosphere, all has been superb and over the top. While staying at the hotel, I ordered the Ribeye Steak at their restaurant and to my surprise, it was the best Ribeye steak I’ve ever had I my life. I must add… I’ve eaten at the best steak houses in Boston. The chef at Mahogany exceeded my expectations of what a good steak should be. The servers were very attentive and made sure that my experience was going to be the best; and it certainly was. Can’t forget to say that the appetizer, drink and desert was also out-of-this-world. Then, the live music topped it all off. You’ll never go wrong by booking your next hotel Mahogany.

Thought a bit on a higher side o LG the equation than other places in the island, it’s worth every penny to stay at Mahogany. I recommend this place.
RM 2,674
  • Priceline
    RM 2,672
1.1 km from Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton
RM 789
RM 765
2.7 km from Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
RM 628
    RM 332
3.7 km from Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton
View more hotels in San Pedro
1,189 results
All reviews taco shack family cottage dirty martini garden cottage diamond member private beach is beautiful the cottages golf cart the main house minute boat ride main restaurant sea lice paddle boards fitness center ambergris caye bug spray tacos
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

The people are the best. My husband fell and was injured. The manager arranged a ride to local Dr. at no charge for ride. Then, arranged second ride to airport the next day, credited back one night stay. Nicest people in the world here.

Music could be a little better as most guests are over 40 and disco, not enjoyable.

Stay away from Taco guy $80 us for 3 small tacos, rice n beans and nachos. The ice cream lady is the best even at $7.00 us a scoop and $5 us for a cone. Everyone speaks perfect English, maybe better than my husband so no opportunity to practice Spanish. Oh well!

Thanks again to manager.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 7 November 2023

I have been to San Pedro many times and stayed at various resorts over the past decades. This was my first time staying at this Hilton property.

My wife and I were very disappointed with this property. From our perspective, it was in the middle of an active construction zone and too many outlets were were closed due to the 'off season.' We experienced trucks and construction noises from 4:30 am on two of our five mornings and on the first night of our stay we were required to change rooms because of a leak in the unit below us. Construction workers on bikes and carts were present at all times throughout the property. We booked months in advance but were notified a week from the trip that the main restaurant was closed and we had no notice of construction. On-request housecleaning did not show for two of the days.

Room tip: The pool is great but it took me 2 attempts in 4 days to have someone change the battery in the chirping smoke alarm in the pool building.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 7 November 2023

Fantastic experience. A great location to retreat away from the heart of the city. Amenities and building are new and well kept. Professional, kind, and polite.
Pool was beautiful and the outside bar is great. Coffee shop and burger hut were great.

We caught fish on an excursion and they cooked it for us. Delicious!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2023

Every employee we interacted with went the extra mile to assist us and make our stay great. Room was clean and well appointed. Excellent (and generous) breakfast. Other restaurants were good but not stellar.

Date of stay: October 2023
Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
1  Thank EsquireKC33
Reviewed 1 November 2023

I don't know where to start. Please do not pick this resort based on the pictures on the website. Please do not pick this resort based on the reviews from people prior to 2021.
The hotel has a lot going on (Construction) without having anything going on. This was the most boring resort I have ever stayed at. There were 0 events/activities happening on site, the beach club is nice and boring with lots of sand flies/fleas/lice (whatever you want to call them) and again no activities. I'm just not sure what you're supposed to do at Mahogany Bay other than sleep, listen and watch the construction, stare at the clouds and get eaten alive by the mosquitoes and the sand lice. They are basically on a swamp and do nothing to counter the bugs, especially the mosquitoes so be prepared to be breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack for them.
They don't have different restaurants or food options on site for you to choose from. No coffee maker or hot water kettle in the room to make your own coffee or tea in the morning.
I am 40 years old, I wasn't looking for a party resort but I definitely felt like I wasted my money on what should be a 65 plus resort or a resort for retirees. My 70 year old parents refused to stay here after my experience and I ended up booking them at a different resort on the island.
After staying at the Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya, this was a huge disappointment for me, my family and friends and a complete waste of money. This did not feel like a Hilton hotel at all and did not live up to the other experiences I have had at other Hilton Hotels and Resorts.

Did I mention I came back home with my entire back and shoulders covered in severe bites from whatever is in the sand, water and trees of their Beach Club!
Suggestions:
Get some events/activities going for all ages or simply become a 70 plus only resort!!!
Do something about the Mosquitoes!!!!
Upgrade your rooms with more amenities!!!

Room tip: Not worth the money. Make sure they aren't doing construction.
Date of stay: August 2023