13 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Get rewarded with One Key
No prepayment needed
1,182 results
All reviews taco shack family cottage dirty martini garden cottage diamond member private beach is beautiful the cottages golf cart the main house minute boat ride main restaurant sea lice paddle boards fitness center ambergris caye bug spray tacos
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2023 via mobile

The good: The staff was very kind, huge shout out to bartenders and wait staff at the pool and beach club. Grounds keepers were constantly working. Pool was lovely, sufficient seating. Towel club is manned by bar staff so it only took a minute to get fresh towels. Boat ride to beach club was easy, but it’s first come first serve (arrive 15-20 before departing). Driver was super friendly and even stopped to show us the crocodile in the lagoon! Beach beds at their beach resort are also first come first serve- $30-$50 depending on how long you want it. Take first boat!
Rum & Bean was cozy & cute coffee shop, never a wait and always friendly quick service.

The bad: there are NO windows in the cottages. Only shutters that can be pinned shut. This means you WILL hear the golf carts, the people, but especially the rain as it hits the metal roof & the birds as the sun comes up. We had unit 317A which was on the road with the bed on the road-facing wall. 8 nights of traffic, people and trees scratching tin roof/rain or birds…For this reason we will likely not return. room tip - stay in cottage off the road (B or C).
Also, since it’s hot, the windows stayed pinned shut which was too bad bc you had minimal sunlight. AC runs non-stop, it’s either on or off (which helps a small bit on the noise issue).
There is alot of construction- so it’s not very resort feeling bc of large trucks moving thru, views of construction everywhere.
There is NO coffee maker in your room, so if it’s part of your morning routine plan on Rum&Bean or free black coffee at main house.

The unknown: We only dined at main house once, cannot comment on menus. There are four food shacks, only the taco and ice cream shacks were consistently open.

2  Thank minermemories
Reviewed 18 November 2023 via mobile

The employees are incredible. The resort itself was beautiful. Had a Keeping suite room. Lots of space. Could use a dresser for clothes, but we just put our stuff on shelves. The resort is on the mangroves. The sunsets are spectacular. Must take boat to private beach. 15 min ride with Elbert to beach was fun and he really knows how to make you laugh. When you get to the beach you will be in paradise. Ian, Duane, Tyron and Ryan will take great care of you. Such great service and smiles. Don’t forget cash for tips. Any tip sign to room or card are pooled for all staff. So any cash tips make it for the intended employee. The restaurant was open with a new chef and dinner was wonderful. All staff incredible.

2  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 14 November 2023 via mobile

Paradise on Earth

My trip to Belize has been better than expected due to the experience I’ve had a the Mahogany Bay Resort and Club. Everything from the service to the food and atmosphere, all has been superb and over the top. While staying at the hotel, I ordered the Ribeye Steak at their restaurant and to my surprise, it was the best Ribeye steak I’ve ever had I my life. I must add… I’ve eaten at the best steak houses in Boston. The chef at Mahogany exceeded my expectations of what a good steak should be. The servers were very attentive and made sure that my experience was going to be the best; and it certainly was. Can’t forget to say that the appetizer, drink and desert was also out-of-this-world. Then, the live music topped it all off. You’ll never go wrong by booking your next hotel Mahogany.

Thought a bit on a higher side o LG the equation than other places in the island, it’s worth every penny to stay at Mahogany. I recommend this place.

Room tip: Bring repellent. This is a tropical island. It’s normal to have mosquitoes. Don’t drink the tap water. Only bottled or filtered water.
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Travel33388772521
Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

The people are the best. My husband fell and was injured. The manager arranged a ride to local Dr. at no charge for ride. Then, arranged second ride to airport the next day, credited back one night stay. Nicest people in the world here.

Music could be a little better as most guests are over 40 and disco, not enjoyable.

Stay away from Taco guy $80 us for 3 small tacos, rice n beans and nachos. The ice cream lady is the best even at $7.00 us a scoop and $5 us for a cone. Everyone speaks perfect English, maybe better than my husband so no opportunity to practice Spanish. Oh well!

Thanks again to manager.

3  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed 7 November 2023

I have been to San Pedro many times and stayed at various resorts over the past decades. This was my first time staying at this Hilton property.

My wife and I were very disappointed with this property. From our perspective, it was in the middle of an active construction zone and too many outlets were were closed due to the 'off season.' We experienced trucks and construction noises from 4:30 am on two of our five mornings and on the first night of our stay we were required to change rooms because of a leak in the unit below us. Construction workers on bikes and carts were present at all times throughout the property. We booked months in advance but were notified a week from the trip that the main restaurant was closed and we had no notice of construction. On-request housecleaning did not show for two of the days.

Room tip: The pool is great but it took me 2 attempts in 4 days to have someone change the battery in the chirping smoke alarm in the pool building.
Date of stay: October 2023