Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rooftop bar great dane spa room boat bar wood room beautiful hotel tarpon bay secluded oasis anniversary get away stayed nearby beautiful sunset view unique rooms modern design southern tip golf cart enjoyed days unforgettable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2023

Where do I even begin...
After spending a few days close to the town in San Pedro all I wanted was somewhere quiet and private. I got to Playa De Sala and fell in LOOVEEE.. This place is the only reason I actually enjoyed San Pedro.
It felt like home, the rooms were so cute, the breeze was constant, the food was 10/10 every time..
The staff from check in to check out were amazing and so kind. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this boutique hotel. Its quiet and private, you wont want to leave.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank adventureswithray
Forest Sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2023

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I really enjoyed our talks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2023 via mobile

Playa de Sala is an amazing tropical getaway and definitely recommended if traveling to San Pedro town! The hospitality was amazing, they had a golf cart for me and scuba booked within 1 hour!!! Sala is a very knowledgeable host/owner, will tell you all about about island life, is well respected in the community and will hang out with her guests! This boutique resort has clean rooms with quality amenities, beautiful sunset views from the rooftop restaurant with live music, refreshing pool with build in seats and historic Jamaican boat bar!!!!!

One review (one) said this is a swinger hotel. Not sure where they got that idea lol. I did not pickup any swinger vibes.

Sits right on a bay WITH NICE SANDY BEACH with free to use paddle boards and kayaks which I took full advantage of! FYI most of the beaches in San Pedro are covered in Sargassum (seaweed) thus beaches must be cleared and sandy beaches are hard to come by. Which makes this resort ideal.

Location is southern end of the island and not a problem driving back at night via golf cart. You would probably have to throw a beer at a police to earn a DUI, be respectful!!!! Don’t ruin it.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NicholasS2547
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2023

Nicholas you are too kind! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us . Thank you so much for your kind words and your lovely review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2023 via mobile

The owner and her staff are amazingly friendly and pay such careful attention to detail at this boutique hotel. The rooms are perfect- contemporary, clean, comfortable. We had the Travertine Room on the first floor/corner which was private but still just a few steps from the pool. The tranquil views from the room and balcony were beautiful. There are plenty of lounge chairs, palapas, and a refreshing (but small) pool. The on-site bar and restaurant were perfect for every meal- great variety, quality, and so flavorful. Their new boat bar is awesome!!
We especially appreciated the generosity and helpfulness of the owner, Forest, and the hard working staff. We were so well taken care of! Juli and Ian helped us with taxis, booking a snorkeling tour and arranged massages on site- MUST DO activities!
The hotel is a jaunt from town but very safe and easy to navigate via rack or golf cart rental, even late at night. I love supporting & feeling well connected to the local community and I felt like by staying here we fulfilled that! Great place to stay for sure!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2023

It was amazing to have you stay with us . The staff and myself were sad to see you all go. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your so kind to take the time to write us such an wonderful review. Thank you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2023

Playa De Sala had such a luxurious yet homely feel about. I loved the fact it was close enough to the town if you needed anything but far enough away to feel like you’re in complete privacy and serenity. We enjoyed days by the pool and chatting with the friendly staff who were only too happy to help with anything we may need. The food is absolutely delicious! The club sandwich being my favourite which paired nicely with Melvins famous coconut pina colada. We felt incredibly relaxed our entire stay and that’s large thanks to the huge luxurious bed and high quality comfortable linen. Our room was serviced daily and done very well, it was such a nice feeling to come back to after a long hot day exploring the island. We were sad to leave and hope to visit again soon!

Thank you Forrest, Ian, Melvin and the rest of the crew for an unforgettable stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2023

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I enjoyed talking with you and wish you could have stayed longer. Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write us a review.
Warm and sunny regards
Forest Sala

Reviewed 17 June 2023 via mobile

My partner and I were after a romantic, quiet getaway and we definitely came to the right place at Playa De Sala!

Firstly the communication and ease of booking was great! A staff member greeted us on arrival with delicious cocktails and a fresh cool eucalyptus towel which was a welcoming treat after such a long hot day travel! Our room was so modern and clean and we appreciated the little snacks and coffee station. The bed - OMG! It’s the best we have slept on in months of travelling! If my partner could put it in his suitcase I’m sure he would haha. A deep restful sleep meant we woke up feeling amazing which only added to an already great getaway. The food is incredible! Treat yourself while you’re there and try everything! We loved that it’s located on the quiet side of town away from the hustle and bustle of busy San Pedro central. We enjoyed days hanging by the pool and watching sunset at the gorgeous rooftop bar and restaurant at night.

All in all we had a fantastic stay and would recommend to anyone looking for a luxury, quiet, restful stay on San Pedro island.

Room tip: I recommend hiring a golf cart on arrival so you can explore the island and pop into the main centre if you need anything
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you !!! Your so lovely to write us a fantastic review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us.
Warm regards