Hotels.com
Priceline
Vio.com
All reviews rooftop bar great dane spa room boat bar wood room beautiful hotel tarpon bay secluded oasis anniversary get away stayed nearby beautiful sunset view unique rooms modern design southern tip golf cart enjoyed days unforgettable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2023

Playa de Sala is something out of a fairytale. It is run by a lady named Forrest, who really knows her stuff. I stayed in two different rooms and they were both very clean and gorgeous. The staff here is very friendly and looks after your every wish from golf cart rentals to help you get around to snorkelling adventures. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Forest Sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2023

You're too kind Jason. The staff and myself really enjoyed having you stay with us. We appreciate your amazing review such kind words.
We look forward to seeing you again as your a part of the family now.

Reviewed 3 August 2023

Where do I even begin...
After spending a few days close to the town in San Pedro all I wanted was somewhere quiet and private. I got to Playa De Sala and fell in LOOVEEE.. This place is the only reason I actually enjoyed San Pedro.
It felt like home, the rooms were so cute, the breeze was constant, the food was 10/10 every time..
The staff from check in to check out were amazing and so kind. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this boutique hotel. Its quiet and private, you wont want to leave.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank adventureswithray
Forest Sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2023

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. I really enjoyed our talks. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2023 via mobile

Playa de Sala is an amazing tropical getaway and definitely recommended if traveling to San Pedro town! The hospitality was amazing, they had a golf cart for me and scuba booked within 1 hour!!! Sala is a very knowledgeable host/owner, will tell you all about about island life, is well respected in the community and will hang out with her guests! This boutique resort has clean rooms with quality amenities, beautiful sunset views from the rooftop restaurant with live music, refreshing pool with build in seats and historic Jamaican boat bar!!!!!

One review (one) said this is a swinger hotel. Not sure where they got that idea lol. I did not pickup any swinger vibes.

Sits right on a bay WITH NICE SANDY BEACH with free to use paddle boards and kayaks which I took full advantage of! FYI most of the beaches in San Pedro are covered in Sargassum (seaweed) thus beaches must be cleared and sandy beaches are hard to come by. Which makes this resort ideal.

Location is southern end of the island and not a problem driving back at night via golf cart. You would probably have to throw a beer at a police to earn a DUI, be respectful!!!! Don’t ruin it.

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NicholasS2547
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2023

Nicholas you are too kind! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us . Thank you so much for your kind words and your lovely review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2023 via mobile

The owner and her staff are amazingly friendly and pay such careful attention to detail at this boutique hotel. The rooms are perfect- contemporary, clean, comfortable. We had the Travertine Room on the first floor/corner which was private but still just a few steps from the pool. The tranquil views from the room and balcony were beautiful. There are plenty of lounge chairs, palapas, and a refreshing (but small) pool. The on-site bar and restaurant were perfect for every meal- great variety, quality, and so flavorful. Their new boat bar is awesome!!
We especially appreciated the generosity and helpfulness of the owner, Forest, and the hard working staff. We were so well taken care of! Juli and Ian helped us with taxis, booking a snorkeling tour and arranged massages on site- MUST DO activities!
The hotel is a jaunt from town but very safe and easy to navigate via rack or golf cart rental, even late at night. I love supporting & feeling well connected to the local community and I felt like by staying here we fulfilled that! Great place to stay for sure!!

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2023

It was amazing to have you stay with us . The staff and myself were sad to see you all go. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your so kind to take the time to write us such an wonderful review. Thank you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2023

Playa De Sala had such a luxurious yet homely feel about. I loved the fact it was close enough to the town if you needed anything but far enough away to feel like you’re in complete privacy and serenity. We enjoyed days by the pool and chatting with the friendly staff who were only too happy to help with anything we may need. The food is absolutely delicious! The club sandwich being my favourite which paired nicely with Melvins famous coconut pina colada. We felt incredibly relaxed our entire stay and that’s large thanks to the huge luxurious bed and high quality comfortable linen. Our room was serviced daily and done very well, it was such a nice feeling to come back to after a long hot day exploring the island. We were sad to leave and hope to visit again soon!

Thank you Forrest, Ian, Melvin and the rest of the crew for an unforgettable stay.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Forest sala, Owner at Playa De Sala Boutique Hotel Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2023

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I enjoyed talking with you and wish you could have stayed longer. Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to write us a review.
Warm and sunny regards