Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cecil Ennett
Memphis, Tennessee
Delayed Honeymoon (Mangata Villas)
Review of Mangata Villas
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Aug 2021
My wife and I stayed at Mangata Villas from Jun 26 through Jun 30. Serena and Aaron were fantastic hosts; from meeting us at the airport with the golf cart in tow to the chilled champagne waiting in the room per our request. This was our "honeymoon" since our first was hujacked by a military commitment 14 years earlier. The villa we stayed in was well laid out and steps from the beach and the beachside bar. Definitely rent a golf cart and explore the island, but Serena and Aaron are only a Whatsapp chat/call away to assist. Denise and I cannot express how much they made a long-awaited respite a lifetime memory! Mangata Villas a home away from home; Serena and Aaron thanks again for a wonderful time and continued success in the future.
Date of stay: June 2021
    RM 2,436
    RM 2,437
9.4 km from Mangata Villas
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
Fully refundable
  • Official Hotel Site
    RM 669
1.8 km from Mangata Villas
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews moon bar best pizza on the island movie night on the beach secret beach golf cart rental great pizza fantastic hosts star vacation an adults only resort grocery store ambergris caye private casita felt extremely safe recent stay yummy drinks local coffee pool deck
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Aaron and Sarina were fantastic hosts! The resort is small, relaxing and the staff made us feel right a home. The management team helped facilitate any and everything we needed. We will definitely stay there again! Another "UnBelizable" experience!

Room tip: The property is remote and serene. It's not a party location but, you will leave relaxed.
Date of stay: July 2021
Serena Musil, Owner at Mangata Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Awesome!!! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again!! Thank you!

Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Book this place NOW!! If you're like me when visiting a new place, you research all the possibilities thoroughly. You read, and re-read reviews, look at maps, and try to consider all of the possible aspects when choosing a place to stay.

Or maybe you are just someone who goes with their gut, and chooses the first place that catches their eye. In this case either way, you would have made an excellent choice.

I had a good gut instinct about this place, but I still had to agonize a bit before choosing to stay here. In the end, I found that Mangata Villas not only fulfilled my expectations, it absolutely exceeded them.

If you are looking for a place in paradise that is a bit off the beaten path, but still has all the amenities of a luxurious resort, this is the spot. The casitas and condos are both newlt built, and both great choices. We stayed in a Casita, but you really can't go wrong. They are a little more private, but the condos face the ocean, so whatever you prioritize. The pool is refreshing, the bar is chill, the drinks and pizzas are delicious, the company is stellar!! Robinson and Erlin, the bartenders/pizza makers, are positively lovely gentlemen. Wonderful folks to chat with as you munch on gourmet pjzza, taste creative margarita samplers, or take a dip in the perfect little pool.

Aaron and Serena are the sweetest, most personable and hospitable, hosts. They absolutely go out of their way to make sure you have the best time possible. They communicated with us before our arrival, helped us with golf cart connections, met us at the airport, heped us load up our luggage and took us to the grocery store, showes us the cool spots on the way to their spot, arranged our COVID tests, and provided any little thing we needed during our stay. They truly go above and beyond. My only regret is not making more time to hang out with, and get know these two awesome people. We were just too busy gallivanting about, havng the time of our lives!

For me, the location was perfect. Approximately a 20 minute golf cart ride from town. You are close to the action without being right in the middle of it. Therefore, you wake up with the birds and the butterflies on a private beach. But can easily drive to town for dinner, snorkel/dive tours, festivities. Also, as a bonus: at Mangata Villas you are on the northern end of the island, and therefore closer to the Truck stop (very cool hagnout with food trucks and live music), Secret Beach (one of the best parts of Ambergris Caye), and the reef. The northern part of the island has areas where you can snorkel to the reef right from the shore. Besides the yummy pizzas, there are also a couple of very good restaurants just a few steps down the beach.

In truth, I am almost hesitant to recommend this place. Only because I mourn the day when they are fully booked all the time, and it will be difficult to secure a reservation. However, the secret is out: Mangata Villas is THE BEST!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Wow! What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to write it…it will surely help future guests and we really appreciate it! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! We’d be honoured to host you again some day!

Reviewed 29 July 2021

The moon bar is part of Mangata Villas. An isolated, quiet, adult resort. Very clean grounds. The bar is clean and has many specialized drinks and top-shelf liquors. They also can make any Pizza you like or one of their own from the menu or daily special. The pizza was very good tasting. A smart item to have at a bar.

1  Thank David E

Fantastic! So glad you enjoyed the pizza at Moon Bar!! Please come see us again sometime!

Reviewed 27 July 2021

My fiancé and got engaged and spent a week at Mangata Villas. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The bar and pizza’s were the best on the entire island. Our hosts Serena and Aaron were so amazing they took care of all of our needs. Serena helped me with dinner reservations, golf cart rental, private fishing charters and overall things to do on the island. We really enjoyed the location of the property as well. It was just far enough from town to be very private but close enough to go have dinner! 5/5 would highly recommend to others!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Serena Musil, Owner at Mangata Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Thank you so much for the kind words! We enjoyed getting to know you both and are excited to welcome you Again soon! Congrats again on your engagement!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

From the moment I arrived in San Pedro and was picked up at Tropic Air by Aaron and Serena, my stay at Mangata Villas was amazing. Aaron Serena made my wife and I feel like we were the only people staying at the their lovely property. Communication was awesome and they were extremely helpful with directions and just making sure we were comfortable. I initially was communicating with Aaron and Serena via email prior to arriving but then started using WhatsApp and the communication was even better. From the recommendation about the golf cart company(MK GOLF CART RENTALS) to use, which was great by the way, to different restaurants suggestions, checking in to make sure we have everything we needed and there were no issues with our villas, they were AWESOME.

This trip was a special trip, considering we were celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary and our stay @ Mangata Villas was everything we hoped for. Our private beachfront Villa was really nice, modern, clean & well maintained, just steps away from the beach. When traveling outside the country, I am always cautious of my safety and I felt extremely safe at Mangata Villas. The property was well lit with security cameras and again my wife and I felt safe. Robinson, one of the bartenders, served tasteful drinks, you have to try the Moon Boom shot it was amazing and probably the best drink I had during our seven day stay.

Prior to our trip to Belize, my wife and I did a lot of a research on places to stay and things to do. We were happy(UNDERSTATEMENT) to choose Mangata Villas. The location of Mangata was awesome, about 20 minutes from Secret Beach and about 25/30 minutes from town and a lot of really good places to eat. We were sad to leave but have already talked about coming back and staying at Mangata Villas when we do return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your awesome review!! We really appreciate it. It was great meeting you both and we’re so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you again!!