All reviews pool bar laundry service golf cart beach basket in town rooftop restaurant bedroom penthouse clean clothes laundry done water taxi toll bridge ocean view truck stop grocery store fitness center family vacation daily housekeeping
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Let me start off by saying thank you to the staff of Grand Caribe! Especially Gilda, Valdimir, and George! We had an Amazing time at the grand Caribe. Service was impeccable. The room was amazing and the view was priceless. They helped us with everything we needed. They booked our dives, provided laundry services, provided the golf cart we used to explore the island, made sure we arrived and departed safely and on time. I will definitely miss everything about the resort. Visiting Ambergris Caye was a great experience and Grand Caribe made sure all of or needs were met!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 750lakeshiat
Reviewed 31 July 2016

The Grand Caribe exceeded my expectations. It was EVERYTHING to us! From the moment we walked in...we were treated like royalty. Everyone was quick to learn and know our names, and the same was for us with the staff. Our week there felt so familiar and also like paradise at the same time.

I had my hair braided in cornrows while I was there. I loved the way Abby braided my hair. My hotel (Grand Caribe) called her, and she was at the resort within 5 minutes. She came to my room and finished my whole head so fast. She would have braided my hair anywhere... But I chose the air conditioning that day! I recommend ABBEY to anyone staying in Belize. She also has a braiding stand right on the same street as the resorts! :)

Thank you GRAND CARIBE for making us feel so special on our vacation!

Room Tip: We had a room with two bedrooms. One bedroom looked at the resort and pools....and one looked at the water...IT WAS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samanthazweben
Reviewed 29 July 2016

First of all, we rented the condo that we stayed on through VRBO (do that if you can). Once we arrived at San Pedro, Abbi, the Grand Caribe driver was waiting for us. He took us directly to Gran Caribe, and when we got there we were greeted with a delicious rum drink, and a very friendly reception staff. The check-in was quick, our luggage was taken to our condo, and even though there are a lot of nice pictures of the Grand Caribe, they don't do it justice. We came out of the reception into the pool area. LOVELY! There are 5 pools. Our immediate reaction was: WOW, this place is absolutely well maintained! We got to the condo, and the condo was better than what we thought. Cozy, charming, and fully equipped, with a lovely view of the ocean (from the bedroom and the terrace). All the condos have nice views, that is a plus.

We spent several days hanging by the pool, by the beach etc., but when we decided to book activities, we booked them through George, who is the concierge of Grand Caribe. George went above and beyond our expectations with his service and dedication to making sure we had the best fun ever. He was able to book us for a snorkeling trip at the last minute (cause I am that type of person...yeah, I know, everything at the last minute :D), and looked for us all over the resort to make sure that he could book it, and we would not miss the snorkeling. GEORGE, YOU ARE AN AMAZING GUY!

Also, the rest of the staff are very friendly and helpful. If you need anything, ask, they'll for sure try to accommodate your request. If Charles is available for diving or other activities, book him. He's the best guide BY FAR.

Grand Caribe also has a restaurant: RAIN, and it is excellent. A bit pricey for San Pedro, but worth it. I ordered a Lobster Bisque, my husband had a Quinoa Salad with grilled chicken, and we both shared two appetizers: Gambas al Ajillo and Empanadas Argentinas. DELICIOUS!

We went around San Pedro looking at our properties and their amenities, and I can for sure tell you that the Grand Caribe, in my opinion, is the best resort in town. We will be coming back to visit soon. Can't wait.

3  Thank ClaudM25
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Awesome accommodations, great people, great service. Great swim up bar. What we really liked is that they seamlessly translated Island habits to foreigners needs. Example, they made the airline reservations with the local small airplane service, knowing that they routinely run 30 minutes late. They build that in to all the tour services and such, so that we foreigners did not have rough spots in our days. They booked us only with top notch tour companies. Would come back for sure!

Room Tip: all have great views, but building A and I are the closest to the beach.
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Very relaxing resort. Condo units are large and great for families. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Views are spectacular. Great ocean breeze. Rain restaurant has great food and a 360º view. We will be back soon.

3  Thank 863fred