Lowest prices for your stay
Special rate available
Fully refundable before Sun, 19 May
TravelingRayofSunshine

Girls trip to San Pedro

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Nov 2023
On a girls trip to San Pedro we stayed here. We’re all in our 30s and all travel often. The hotel was nice, had great service, and WiFi. Not being all inclusive was different for me so paying for all food and beverage took some adjustment. The restaurants were okay nothing too much to craze over. The prices were similar to prices here in Maryland at the hotel. The drinks were okay, nothing ever gave a buzz which is also fine. The pools were beautiful including the roof top adult pool. The bars were nice but no music. I would recommend adding some adult activities either music, fitness, or something. The beach was very tiny if that’s what you’re looking for. The dove was merky due to the storm I’m assuming. There is a dove center on the premises if you wanted to snorkel or dive at all, we recommend them. The beach front villa was breathtaking. We had a small pool outback and a large patio. There was a large kitchen, dinning room, and amazing bathrooms. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very helpful and gave great service. Would have given 5 stars if there was more to do but would recommend.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 13 Nov 2023
Dear RayofSunshine2,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for being open with about your experiences at Alaia Belize. It's lovely to note that you and your friends found the hotel to be nice and the service up to par. The availability of Wi-Fi is always a bonus for staying connected during travels.

The mention of the beautiful pools, particularly the rooftop adult pool, and the well-designed bars is certainly enticing. Your suggestion to add more adult-oriented activities such as music or fitness is a valuable one; it could definitely enhance the overall experience for guests seeking a livelier atmosphere.

It's fantastic that the staff, from the front desk to housekeeping, provided excellent service and assistance during your stay. Your overall recommendation and constructive feedback are incredibly valuable. Adding more varied activities and perhaps some enhancements to the dining options could potentially elevate the guest experience. Thank you for sharing your experience and insights—it's incredibly helpful for future travelers considering a stay at this location.

We hope to host you upon your return to La isla.
    RM 712
    RM 804
    RM 1,007
5.9 km from Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
RM 615
    RM 954
    RM 954
23.0 km from Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews piano bar sea salt reef house marriott property rooftop pool beautiful property oatmeal main pool ocean view secret beach golf cart remembered our names dive center one bedroom suite coconut mojito girls trip maya air
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 November 2023 via mobile

I cannot say enough about my experience at Alaia Belize. The pool, food and amenities are top of their class in the area. The rooms were modern and I had a safe and fridge in my room. In my opinion this may be the nicest hotel in south San Pedro.

I’d also like to send my sincerest thanks to Elisia and the staff at the Seasalt restaurant. As a solo female traveller I felt quite safe at Alaia, but a non-hotel dinner guest did make me feel very uncomfortable during my meal one night. The staff and manager made a point to check on me and follow up afterwards so that I could finish my (DELICIOUS) dinner without distress. They were so genuine and kind. This speaks for itself how much the staff cares about their guests.

I will be returning again!

Room tip: Golf cart parking easily accessible across the street, and the staff will assist you with your bags if needed.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Maria Novelo, Marketing at Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2023

Dear Lexi-

Your experience at Alaia Belize sounds absolutely fantastic! It's wonderful to hear that the amenities, food, and overall ambiance exceeded your expectations. It's especially great that you found the rooms modern and equipped with all the essentials for a comfortable stay. The fact that you felt safe as a solo female traveler speaks volumes about our hotel's commitment to guest well-being.

It's unfortunate that your dinner was momentarily disrupted by an uncomfortable situation, but it's truly heartening to know that Elisia and the Seasalt restaurant staff went above and beyond to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. Their genuine care and swift response to make sure you could savor your meal without any further distress truly exemplify the exceptional level of hospitality they provide.

Your intention to return is a testament to the outstanding experience you had at Alaia Belize. Your review not only highlights the excellence of the facilities but also showcases the incredible dedication and attentiveness of the staff. We look forward to your return for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 6 November 2023 via mobile

The property is beautiful but as most, they over charge for everything. Our room was great and the balcony fabulous, 1 bdrm suite Ocean View. The only thing I wish the property had was some nightly entertainment, musician. The roof top pool is under utilized, I could come up with many things I would have going on up there. I appreciate the security and bell men, they do a fabulous job in making sure you have what you need and that your safe. I would definitely stay here again. If you plan on drinking during your stay, buy your liquor in the duty free shop in Belize City. Buy more than you think your going to need because once in San Pedro the cost of liquor is ridiculous and I do mean ridiculous. The Kahari Experience.

Room tip: If you plan on drinking during this trip buy your liquor in the duty free shop in Belize City. Buy more then what you think you’ll need.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maria Novelo, Marketing at Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2023

Dear Kahari,

Thank you for this valuable feedback, we greatly appreciate your time and effort in sharing your thoughts, and pleased to note that you had an overall positive stay with us.

We're delighted to know that you found the property beautiful and your one-bedroom suite with an ocean view met your expectations. We understand your desire for nightly entertainment, and we will certainly take your suggestion into consideration for future improvements. It's always helpful to receive input from our guests on how we can enhance their experience.

We also appreciate your kind words regarding our security and bell staff. Ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests is a top priority, and we're glad to hear that they made you feel comfortable and well taken care of during your stay.

Your tip about purchasing liquor in the duty-free shop in Belize City is valuable advice for future guests. We understand that the cost of liquor can vary, and we appreciate you sharing this money-saving tip with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope to continue exceeding your expectations. If you have any further comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we can't wait to host you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2023

The property is a pretty property and was well kept. We were greeted and cared for from the moment we exited the airport until the point of returning to the airport. There wasn't a moment where I felt like I had to hold back on my request via guest services. The menu options were pleasing, filling and allowed for the opportunity to experience some of the traditional foods. The wait staff was extremely accommodating, the rooms were comfortable and the culture was evident via the art. Getting around property and traveling off of the property wasn't complex. Felt safe, comfortable and welcomed.

The greatest upset was limitations with access to the ocean and the mosquitoes were ruthless at times.

Room tip: The offerings are a fair mix of high energy spaces and relaxation, which is a plus.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ameenah R

Dear AmeenahR,

Thank you much for taking time to rate and review your experience at Alaia Belize. We are delighted that you felt welcomed and well-cared for from the moment you arrived until your departure. Your appreciation of our well-kept property, attentive staff, and menu options is truly valued. We take pride in offering a range of menu choices that allow our guests to savor traditional foods and flavors, and it's fantastic to know that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

We're also pleased to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable and that you could feel the local culture through the art displayed around the property. We believe that immersing our guests in the culture of the region is an essential part of the experience, and it's great that this resonated with you.

Your concerns about limitations with ocean access and mosquito activity are duly noted. We apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We are constantly working to improve our facilities and services, and your feedback will help us in this endeavor. Rest assure, we're exploring potential solutions to address these concerns and ensure that future guests have an even more enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 November 2023 via mobile

I celebrated my 40th birthday at Alaia with 35 of my closest friends and family and it held up to my expectations! To be able to accommodate such a large group with such grace and warmth was the cherry on top! A special thank you to Tricia, who was my contact and coordinator on property! YOU ARE A GEM! 🧡💎 You and your team are outstanding! I appreciate how you all went above and beyond to ensure everyone was taken care of: addressing any concerns immediately, adjusting to our last minute changes or requests 🙃, the radical hospitality and attention to detail and doing it all with a smile! A TIME was had! 💃🏾 🎉 I remember walking into my welcome reception and being blown away by the thought put into the setup! There were surprises at every turn! I am so thankful!! I appreciate the Alaia Team for putting together this trip of a lifetime!! Take me back already!!! ☀️ 🏝️

Room tip: The taxi drivers will try their best to get over on you. There were several charges on my hotel bill (they told the hotel they weren’t paid)
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank beingmary_j

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for choosing Alaia Belize to celebrate your 40th birthday, and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that your celebration exceeded your expectations, and we are humbled by your kind words.

Tricia and the entire Alaia team are overjoyed to have been a part of your special day. It's heartwarming to know that their dedication and hospitality made your celebration memorable and stress-free. We take pride in going the extra mile to ensure our guests' needs and wishes are met, and it's delightful to hear that you appreciated our attention to detail and flexibility in accommodating last-minute changes.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the surprises we had in store for you during your welcome reception. It was our pleasure to create a memorable experience for you and your guests. It's always our goal to provide our guests with a trip of a lifetime, and we're ecstatic to have accomplished that for you. We understand the longing to return to a place filled with cherished memories, and we'd be more than happy to welcome you back whenever you're ready.

We all look forward to creating more unforgettable moments with you in the future. ☀️🥂🎉

Reviewed 3 November 2023

If heaven was a place on earth, it would be called Alaia. This is by FAR the best resort i’ve ever travelled to. The views, never ending selection of pools including a rooftop pool overlooking the beach and ocean, food, location, service, amenities, spa…you name it! If you have any plans elsewhere, cancel them asap and book at the one and only: Alaia! THANK YOU for the trip of a lifetime

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Maria Novelo, Marketing at Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2023

Dear Daniel,

Wow! Thank you so much for your incredible review and for choosing Alaia Belize for your getaway. We are thrilled to hear about the amazing experience you had during your stay with us. Your kind words about our resort's views, pool options, food, location, service, amenities, spa, and more truly mean the world to us. We are dedicated to creating unforgettable moments for our guests, and it's incredibly rewarding to know that we succeeded in making your stay a "trip of a lifetime."

We genuinely appreciate your recommendation, and we can't wait to welcome you back to Alaia Belize for another unforgettable experience. If you have any future plans with us, please do not hesitate to reach out, and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Once again, thank you for choosing Alaia, and we look forward to your return!