Lowest prices for your stay
RM 2,672
Nzingha S
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Alaia Belize - A Magical Wedding Experience
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Nov 2023
I traveled with my 2 children to this Alaia Belize property for my sister's wedding. The entire experience was nothing short of amazing, beginning with the hotel room. I travel to several countries a year and this hotel room was by far one of my favorite - ever. As a traveling mother with small children, I value aesthetics, safety, space, bathrooms, access to clean linen, food, and exceptional service for myself and my children. Alaia provided all of the above.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with snacks and drinks in the lobby and then escorted to our rooms. My son, 7, made instant friends, and my daughter, one-year-old, was very comfortable (and safe) on the property. We took one of the club cars to explore the city, go to the local market, and buy street food. We also spent days in the pool and ate at all of the establishments on site.

I had some amazing experiences with some of their staff members who I want to highlight: "Aunty" Tricia M. was our 'everything Manager'. On an executive level, she managed all of the moving parts and was present to assist and support us throughout our stay. Other staff members who were very supportive include Jesus, Stephanie, Mark, Roan, Antonio, Angela, Eric, and Elvis! Also, Antonia, who cleared our room!

All of this was made possible by "Make Time for Travel's" very own Cathy Brooks-Oliver who offered white glove service and coordinated all of our travel needs from the states, in-country (Belize), and for our return home.

An overall beautiful wedding on a magical property.
Tripadvisor
RM 954
5.9 km from Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection
Free parking
Enjoy that view and the sea breeze!!!
Fully refundable
    RM 656
10.9 km from Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection
Pool
View more hotels in San Pedro
All reviews piano bar sea salt reef house marriott property rooftop pool beautiful property oatmeal main pool ocean view secret beach golf cart remembered our names dive center one bedroom suite coconut mojito girls trip maya air
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2023

Alaia! Alaia! Alaia!!! What can I not say about this place…I celebrated one of my most precious times of my life there with my most precious people with me…family and friends. Alaia hosted about 70 of my friends and family for my wedding in September 2023. My groom and I hosted 3 out of the 5 days through dinners, celebrations, the rehearsal, the wedding ceremony , and the reception at Alaia. From the time we selected this beautiful destination there were several meetings with my travel agent, wedding coordinator( shout out to Cathy @Make Time for Travel and Evelyn @Exquisite Events) and Tricia McDonald who connected and coordinated us with various other staff there including vendors to help make my day the most special. As we touched down in Belize and made our way to Alaia we were greeted with friendly faces, white glove customer service and Tricia who set up tastings , meetings, and toured us around the property. My family and friends felt like this was our home away from home immediately…at least for the next week. There were some last minute changes and modifications that took place on behalf of our party and Tricia was there each step of the way to assist and resolve any and all issues. The actual wedding was beautiful I could not have dreamt of a more amazing venue along with service and just the energy of the Alaia property in general. I am so appreciative for all the staff who helped , assisted, and managed our events and family and friends lol , for it to have been such a large group, there were little to no hiccups which made me feel at ease and grateful for choosing the right property!

If you are like me , I rely heavily on reviews and gut intuition, so if you are looking for a sign on where to go next or host your next special event…THIS IS IT! Ask for Tricia specifically because she comes with a great attitude, solution-focused personality, and take charge energy along with the many people she works with!

1  Thank A S
Maria Novelo, Marketing at Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Dear A S,

We are genuinely moved by your heartfelt review and honored to have been a part of such a special chapter in your life. Thank you for choosing Alaia Belize as the backdrop for your wedding celebration, and for taking the time to share your experience.

Reading about your journey from the initial stages of planning to the magical moments of your wedding day brings immense joy to our team. We are thrilled to have played a role in hosting you, your groom, and the cherished circle of family and friends who joined the celebration. It warms our hearts to know that from the moment you selected Alaia, the coordination with your travel agent, wedding coordinator, and our team, especially Tricia McDonald, contributed to a seamless and unforgettable experience. We're delighted that you and your guests felt at home, and we take pride in providing white-glove customer service and creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere.

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness and Thank you again for making Alaia Belize a part of your cherished memories.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2023

Tricia Mcdonald and her team made a difference. I m really please with the knowledge and skills of Trica and her staff. My daughters wedding was s success as a result. It started with Ms C. Brooks Oliver, travel agent and extended to the experience hands of Ms T. Mcdonald, the beautiful and well maintained Alila, beautiful rooms, warm and inviting staff. There wasn't one complaint out of about 60 of our guest. All was please & impressed.

Room tip: Alila is a first class hotel. Great value, beautiful atmosphere, good food.
1  Thank Sharon S

Dear Sharon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! We are truly delighted to hear that Tricia McDonald and her team played a significant role in making your daughter's wedding a success. We take great pride in providing a beautiful and well-maintained venue, and we are thrilled that you found our property to be just that.

The fact that there wasn't a single complaint among the 60 guests is the highest compliment we could receive. We strive to exceed expectations, and your positive feedback is a testament to our dedication to making every event special.

We truly appreciate your trust in us for such an important occasion, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Alaia Belize for future celebrations and authentic Belizean getaways. If there's anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 12 November 2023

We had a wonderful time. The staff was attentive and friendly
Jesus, you must meet him, he was the concierge and he took care of everyone so well, very professional and on top of all of our plans.

Paula and Maria, thanks for a wonderful meal and birthday surprise for our lovely friend

Subash- the manager was wonderful!

From all of us at Jaz takes Belize

Room tip: Don’t wear heels!!
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Maria Novelo, Marketing at Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2023

Dear 722gilll,

It's fantastic to hear that you had such a wonderful time at Alaia Belize! Your compliments about the attentive and friendly staff really warm our hearts. It's truly our goal to ensure every guest feels cared for and welcomed.

Jesus, our concierge, seems to have left a lasting impression with his professional and attentive approach in managing all your plans. He's truly an asset to our team.

Paula, Maria, and the team are thrilled to hear your kind words regarding the meal and the birthday surprise. They always aim to make special occasions truly memorable and it's great to hear they succeeded.

And Subash, our manager, is delighted to have been mentioned. His dedication to ensuring everything runs smoothly is a testament to the commitment we have to our guests' experiences.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight these individuals and share your positive experience. We're thrilled to have been a part of making your time special and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 November 2023

The bartender Chris was great! Attentive and answered our questions about the menu and the area pleasantly.

The hotel location is ocean front. The pool is nice not as big as we had expected but big enough for the amount of people that were utilizing it. We went in October which is sort of the off season and there was still quite a lot of people at the pool. I’d think in the high season it may be too crowded for the size.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mzmic2u,

It's great to hear that you found the location convenient and that Chris, the bartender, made your experience enjoyable with his attentiveness and knowledge about the area. The oceanfront setting and the pool are indeed lovely features of the hotel and a guest favorite. Your observation about the pool size and the number of guests during the off-season in October is helpful for those planning a visit, especially highlighting the potential crowd levels during peak times. This insight adds a valuable perspective for future travelers to consider when planning their stay. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to host you upon your return to La Isla!

Reviewed 11 November 2023

Alaia Belize is a Beautiful resort full of Beautiful and helpful people. Tricia McDonald and the rest of the staff was very instrumental in making sure that we had an amazing stay. My Beautiful cousin got married and although we had a plan B with the weather seemed rough, Tricia assured us that the wedding would go off perfectly and that it did!!!! I would recomment this resort to anyone looking for a Beautiful place to visit in Belize.

Room tip: It's not a party resort but there are a lot of things to do with local clubs nearby for those that need it.
1  Thank RastaQueenMo

Dear RastaQueenMo,

What a beautiful testament to Alaia Belize and the incredible experience you had with us! It's heartwarming to hear that the beauty of the resort was not just in its physical features but also in the warmth and helpfulness of the people, especially Tricia McDonald and the rest of the staff. Their instrumental role in ensuring a memorable stay and a flawless wedding for your cousin speaks volumes about their dedication and expertise in creating a wonderful experience for guests.

The reassurance and successful execution of the wedding plans, even in the face of adverse weather, truly demonstrate the commitment and professionalism of the staff. Your recommendation for the resort as a beautiful destination in Belize is a strong endorsement that speaks to the exceptional service and the picturesque setting.

It's incredible how the team's dedication and care translated into such a special and memorable occasion for your family. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, and here's to many more beautiful memories at Alaia Belize with you and future visitors!