1,469 results
All reviewspineappledive shopbelizean princessdive masterdive staffambergris cayegolf cartblue holethatched roofgreat divingbeachfront roomin towndive sitesfishdive vacationevery morningrestaurant staff
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Pluses: Ramon's is located right on the beach, but close enough to easily walk to the commercial area in San Pedro. The buildings and landscaping are very attractive, and there are great lounge chairs and hammocks. They also have a nice swimming dock, and they keep the beach very clean.

Minuses: The room was very stuffy. There's one door and no windows, so it's impossible to get any cross ventilation, a real pity because the ocean breeze was beautiful. At night, you have to close and lock the door for security, so all fresh air is cut off. Also, no ceiling fan, which is surprising in the tropics. No doubt there are times when the ac is appreciated, but the temps were 75-82 during our visit, and we wanted to let the breeze in!
The food at Pineapples is fine, but not special, and we were much happier with nearby restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
RamonsVillage15, Guest Relations Manager at Ramon's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

We are glad to know you found the location convenient and the grounds attractive. As they say there is a reason for everything, Our original cabanas do have ceiling fans and they had windows for cross ventilation as well. However, our guests would open the window to get some fresh air without turning off the AC. When it is warmer our first instinct is to turn on the fan to stir the air but in the cabanas it actually has the opposite effect as it draws the warm air down into the room. So when we built our newer rooms we opted to leave out the windows and fans. Which seems to work pretty well for most of our guests.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I walked to all the dive operations on this strip. I had already chosen a friendly dive shop, but chose to walk to Ramon’s to check them out. At first glance, I was severely disappointed that I had already agreed to dive with another shop. The boats and facilities at Ramon’s looks amazing. I thought about canceling my dives with the other shop. I walked up to the window and these people were less than friendly. I tried to engage in conversation with the people behind the desk, but I only received 1 word answers. I walked away satisfied that I had chosen another dive shop. It was too long of a flight and too much money to feel as if I were a burden because I wanted to go diving with their shop. May be the best dive shop in Belize, I don’t know. But as far as first impressions, they scored dead last among the 4 shops I visited today. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

1  Thank Clayton R

Please accept our apology. I am not sure who was at the window when you stopped by but this is not our normal greeting. You are right that there is only one first impression. Obviously we dropped the ball and we apologize for it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The amenities at Ramon’s were great. Beautiful beach, good food, great smoothie/coffee bar! Nice dive shop for all your scuba and snorkeling needs. FYI - they only serve beer and wine which I found a little strange. Also, wish we could have got a room on the beach but they where sold out so we stayed across the street which was a little loud. The room was fine, nothing special.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ramon’s Village rooms vs. The Belizean Princess, their sister property across the street. Nicer and quieter.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

We are glad you had a great time. This time of year gets a bit busy so best to book well in advance. Our project for this year is to make those rooms across the street something special. You'll have to come back again to check it out.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I checked out the 4 biggest dive shops and Ramon’s Dive shop was the best. Best dive gear, newest boats, and guides who actually took diving seriously. I’ve been to several places overseas that don’t ask for certs, equipment is old, and guides are not paying attention. Not so at Ramon’s, Rick runs a tight ship and takes diving seriously, especially when diving to 130 ft at the Blue Hole. Good pre dive briefs and no surprises. You won’t be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much. Rick Sutherland has been managing Ramon's Village Divers for close to 30 years now. He has put together a great group of guys and a great fleet of boats. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first time visiting the beautiful country of Belize, after much research we chose to stay in the Island Ambergris Caye. And when we told friends of our plans we were recommended Ramons Village Resort. We wanted something that felt private yet close enough that we could walk to places. So this place was perfect, we were picked up at the airport byMarcos who was really nice, At the front desk we were greeted by a nice lady who was really helpful and courteous. We really enjoyed Tropic Als, they have the best coffee in the Island. The Spa is a a definite must visit. The charming cabana with colorful curtains called to us, Lauri patiently described to us the different available options, we got the couples massage. Lauri was so good that I got two more massages, she makes you feel like you are her number one priority, her massage was relaxing, so much that I fell asleep, each time. We also got a couples massage with Mari and Juan, Juan is an amazing Massage Therapist, he knows exactly where to find all the trigger points. He is respectful, and an over all amazing young man. The gift shop is a totally different story. Seidy, as her name tag said told she sis not think they had swim suits in my size when I asked her if there were other options available on swim wear. She put a damper on my day, im sorry but that is called fat shaming. Im not even that fat, im not a size 0. But at 5ft 9 in I think a size 12 is not a very big size, I have never felt so embarrassed in my life.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

We are so happy you found the location and the property and the Beach Spa all to your liking. I agree Meri and Laurie are both amazing. No experience with Jaun but yours isn't the first review that spoke well of him. Seidi has been with us quite a while and she is usually pretty good with the guests. Please accept our apology for her behavior and our assurance we will speak with her.