Lowest prices for your stay
RM 709
Hotels.com
RM 707
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews office staff front office water pressure air conditioner coffee maker caye caulker ocean front pier town island tours seaweed bakery cart
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2023

It’s very comfortable and cozy. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Food and drink prices are also very reasonable. The wait staff anticipate led our needs. Happy Man also was a wealth of information on local sights and options.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2023

I’ve just returned from a multiple week trip to San Pedro and Caribbean Villas Hotel. Having visited the property many times over the years, this was my first time staying there. My first night arriving in San Pedro was later in the evening so I chose to spend one night at CVH before heading way north for a week with friends. That night was in the original section of the hotel. As soon as I arrived there was staff to help with luggage and greet me. Front desk agent was Jameli and I can’t say enough about how professional and helpful she was the full time I was there. Always smiling and willing to help with whatever I needed. Nigel is the other reception agent, and he is just as pleasant and helpful I was meeting friends in the restaurant soon after arrival and was happy to be able to drop my things and start my vacation!
Dinner that night was delicious! In fact, every meal I had was good. My favorites were chicken piccata, curry and chicken tenders. Oh, and the cobb salad. Not necessarily in that order. Bar and restaurant are a huge plus when staying at CVH. Coffee is out at 7 so you can get a cup and just enjoy the start of the day. And of course, having Miss Charlene of BC’s fame is a bonus! Iris, Chris and Moniquita (Monica but she is tiny) are the best! Always smiling and professional.
On arrival that night, and arrivals and departures for friends, Jerry carried luggage up and down, and securely attached it to my cart for a long bumpy ride north. He is a gem! He was right there whenever I needed the heavy lifting for both my arrivals, and a friend arriving and leaving. Unfortunately, he was off duty when I left for home, but I hope he knows how much I appreciated his help. My final departure day, Abner was there to lug my stuff with a huge smile.
On to the room. I was in 2A. It is second floor ocean front. The view was my favorite part. I sat on the balcony every morning with coffee and every evening with a cocktail. The room itself was just what I needed. I don’t want fancy and stuffy, just clean, and comfortable. This was spotless, cute light fixtures, great shower with plenty of hot water and water pressure. Twin beds for the first week when I had a friend staying and they immediately swapped it out for a king the morning of her departure. Both were very comfy. Coffee pot and small fridge were handy. Water jugs to refill reusable water bottles right at the landing. Housekeeping was every other day and very professional.
The grounds and pools are maintained daily and are beautiful! The entire property is raked every single morning. The sargassum is a problem in the entire Caribbean right now, nothing can be done immediately but there are lots of folks trying to come up with a solution. Caribbean Villas is raking and digging it up daily. Three to four guys all day long. It makes a huge difference. Not all properties are being as diligent at keeping up with it.
As a woman traveling alone for the most part, and with a female friend part of the time, I have to say the staff at Caribbean Villas made us feel very safe and comfortable. There was always someone to contact if needed. A staff member even walked a food delivery person to the door to be sure it was all ok as it was after dark.
I would like to thank Beth Hart, GM for CVH for an incredible stay. Great work and I can’t wait to get back!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jan L
Reviewed 24 March 2023 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Caribbean Villas. Room was spotless and very comfortable. The entire staff could not have been more helpful or polite. The bar and restaurant was very nice and the food is OUTSTANDING! Everything I had was delicious and the servings were very generous. Having been traveling to San Pedro for a number of years, this is one of the nicest places around and in such a great location! Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2023 via mobile

Rooms are dated but clean, a/c worked well and kept temperature comfortable. Hot water was good.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Drinks and food at bar was good and priced fair.
Pools are clean and temperatures good.
Sunsets are beautiful as it has direct facing towards them.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Road06792941887
Reviewed 2 February 2023 via mobile

I can no longer recommend this hotel. New owners and the transition is not going well. Old information on the website. I had booked inclusive of breakfast online which the hotel refused to honor when I arrived. When I was directed to the manager to discuss the issue she was dismissive and refused to honor the breakfast request. Apparently according to other reviewers the breakfast isn’t that good anyway. But my issue was not handled well . The walls are paper thin, so plan to stay up late. If you have any allergies beware there was an odor of mildew in my room as well. The safe is too small to hold anything but cash and cards, so laptops cannot be secured in the rooms as well. It is quite open to the beach and no security at night as most of the neighboring hotels have . It has a lovely beach and lots of fun toys. I have stayed here before and had an inclusive breakfast and a fun time. But it has changed and so far not for the better

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank hatlemgwtaway
Caribbean Villas Hotel, General Manager at Caribbean Villas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2023

I'm am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I would like to address the inaccurate information in your review. There are not new owners of the hotel. Your reservation which was booked through Booking.com did not include breakfast. I have reached out to the company to contact you regarding that misunderstanding. I offered to do that at the time, and you did not wish to involve the booking site. I offered to cancel your reservation and provide a full refund which you also turned down. We have two uniformed security guards on duty every night, as well as maintenance staff that reside onsite to deal with any maintenance issues. The outdated information has been updated, though it had nothing to do with your concerns about breakfast or any other amenities offered.

I have brought several people into the room that you occupied, and they did not detect a damp or mildew odor. We have placed a dehumidifier in that space to clear the air after your departure.

We are one of the more budget friendly hotels on the beach, yet we do offer many amenities not found at budget friendly hotels, such as multiple pools, full restaurant and bar with frequent entertainment, a full service spa, a sail sports center, and a concierge to book trips and tours.