Lowest prices for your stay
RM 1,559
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
RM 1,559
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews owner's suite full kitchen ambergris caye fresh fruit golf cart palapa bar in town every morning perfect location jacuzzi tub snorkeling trip private balcony complimentary breakfast ocean view office staff boutique hotel grocery store
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2023

The Blue Tang Inn is our absolute favourite hotel on the island. First off the location is spot on. You are close to everything, and right on the ocean. The hotel itself is well designed with a fun island feel and the rooms have everything you need to feel at home. We just stayed for 3 weeks and are already planning our next trip! The staff are what truly make The Blue Tang so special. Our 2 children (7&2) fell in love with all of them. Our kids were treated with kindness and genuine respect and love from each staff member. We truly feel like we have gained new friends in them. They all go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, at home, and yet like you’re being pampered on holiday. The island in general feels very safe, but is is a nice added touch to have Victor the security guard at night. Mrs. Fanny guides her staff with respect and thoughtfulness. They are all happy to be at work, and that says a lot. Geovani and Wildon were always working hard to keep the place and pool looking spotless and were quick to help bring our bags or stroller up and down so I didn’t struggle with the baby. We were offered fresh coconuts which was a fun treat! Daisy, Carmen and Janet are such lovely people. They each made great breakfasts in the morning and made sure we had everything we needed in our room. We loved chatting with them and getting to know them! Lizbeth and Robert were always quick to help or guide us when we had questions about the island. And Fanny was a pleasure to talk to and get to know. Thank you again everyone! We can’t wait to see you again very soon! -The Radunsky’s

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kristin Fisher, Marketing at Blue Tang Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2023

Ashley, thank you for the amazing and detailed positive review of your experience at Blue Tang Inn. Our families have also enjoyed Blue Tang Inn for the caring staff and all the reasons you mention. We have owned the hotel for 23 years and love it just as much each year for the experiences you shared. We are thrilled it was so special for your family. You are welcome back year after year to make great memories!
- Kristin, Fanny and staff

Reviewed 7 November 2023

Stayed for the first two nights of my dive trip to the island. The location is absolutely fantastic. It is so close to bars, restaurants, and shops. You really could not ask for a better spot to stay. The hotel itself is quite cute and they’ve kept up on the paint and decorations well. There’s a small pool in the front and it’s right on the beach so very close to the ocean of course. the staff was very friendly and helpful. United lost my dive bag and the hotel staff was very accommodating in helping me get it from Houston to the island once I gave them updates on where it was. Sidenote: I will never fly without an AirTag in my luggage. That was key in figuring out where it was as United didn’t even know that it was lost until I told them exactly where it was sitting.

The only negatives I have were on the room. The room is self is quite large with a sleeping area, as well as a sitting area and kitchen table. It had a fairly well appointed kitchen with all that you would need to cook for yourself if you were staying long-term. Large full-size refrigerator to boot. The only two bad parts was that the bed was incredibly hard. My first night I hadn’t slept in 38 hours due to traveling so I fell asleep immediately. The second night, however, I really struggled to get to sleep because of the bed and the next factor. The other bad part about the room I was in, #1, is that it’s right on the corner of the street that it’s on. There were lights shining in the room all night long and any time a golf cart drove past their lights shine in the window. Those are also quite loud, so they would wake me up. Also, anytime anybody walked past the hotel to get to the many bars in that area, I could hear their conversation clearly. I was woken up multiple times until about 3:30 in the morning and I had to be up at six for my dive. I’m willing to bet the other rooms in the hotel don’t have the same issues in terms of light and noise. I can’t recommend that room but I’m sure the other ones are nice. I suspect all the beds are probably hard but I of course don’t know that for sure. I recommended to the hotel, at least black out curtains in that room , and it would be a good idea to bring your ear plugs unless you have to get up at a certain time and are afraid of missing your alarm. All in all, I think it was a really nice spot that I would still stay in again, but I would request a different room and hope that they get some mattress toppers or some thing for the beds. They may have actually had those already, but I didn’t think to ask until I was writing this.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2023 via mobile

Perfect setting for me and my teen son, love that you could go to the pier and swim or watch the sunrise, close to Palapa, and also downtown for food. Did not feel noisy and felt safe with security at all times. Loved the breakfast before snorkeling, and the pool was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2023 via mobile

Same great Inn to stay at as it was 10 years ago!
-beach front ✔️
-pool ✔️
-excellent breakfast ✔️
-very friendly staff✔️
-booking very easy (room, excursions, transfers)✔️
-clean rooms✔️
-full kitchen✔️
-close to restaurants, grocery stores, dive centers ✔️
-family friendly✔️
-ETC!!!!✔️
We will not wait 10 years to return!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2023 via mobile

My recent stay at the Blue Tang Inn was largely a pleasant one, with a few key areas that could use improvement.

The inn’s staff truly shine, exhibiting warm hospitality throughout our stay. The premises are well-maintained and the rooms are comfortable, with a lovely view to boot. Their breakfast was quite enjoyable and the housekeeping service was thorough and efficient.

Unfortunately, we had a few issues during our stay. The most concerning was the presence of cockroaches and ants in our room. This, for obvious reasons, negatively affected our comfort and overall enjoyment of the room.

Additionally, there were some communication issues with the staff. In one instance, a taxi that we booked through the hotel was informed to pick us up much later than what we had arranged (6:15am vs 6:30am and I confirmed tiger the hotel they asked the driver came at6:15 am but the driver said the hotel asked him to come at 6:30am) resulting in an unnecessary rush to the airport (our flight is at 7am). We also experienced another miscommunication when the hotel didn't seem to receive an update about our early arrival from the airline. (Not sure it is hotel fault or the tropical airline fault)

Finally, while not a major concern, the pool was smaller than we'd expected, which was a bit disappointing.

While most of our stay was enjoyable, these issues did put a damper on the overall experience. I hope the management at the Blue Tang Inn will address these concerns to ensure future guests have a seamless and comfortable stay.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple