Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews mexico rocks treetop suite dive shop colonial suite water taxi honeymoon suite ambergris caye in town golf cart fish minute boat ride all inclusive package amazing snorkeling thatched roof belize city sea grass secret beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2024

Free water transfer from our hotel to Portofino restaurant. Made a nice change to go somewhere else but food was average. Lobster bisque was just some lobster pieces cooked in cream. Seafood pasta light on flavour. Grilled octopus was good.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ghvisitors
Reviewed 26 October 2023

Wonderful small and intimate resort. We felt as if we were staying with friends. The introductory welcome with Sessie is informative and helpful and you immediately recognize you’re going to receive individual attention. Our server, Jason, confirmed this belief. He shared his knowledge of the local cuisine and thoughtfully explained what we were imbibing in each evening. We were so smitten with his service, we requested his table each evening. Mark, the bartender, is as friendly and attentive as one could hope for. This staff will truly go the extra mile to make your stay amazing. The food is absolutely staggering and will give you no reason to leave for a meal. Only blemish on our stay was the other bartender who openly complained about other staff, clearly has an undeserved air of superiority, and lingered around for tips which was a huge turnoff. Still, a great experience overall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PBR Management, General Manager at Portofino Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2023

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Portofino! We are saddened to hear about the put off. We do not accede to this type of behaviour and will surely be addressing the situation. We apologise for that experience and are happy to hear that you were still able to have a great experience overall.

Reviewed 25 October 2023 via mobile

Amazing stay. Everyone at the resort made our stay very special. Staff is very welcoming and attentive. I love the intimate setting and personal touches. It was my daughters birthday and they made a cake for her and decorated her room. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Beds are comfortable. Nice small beach and amazing restaurant on site. Food was delicious and well as daiquiris. We are already planning our next stay. Shout out to Jeyson at the restaurant. You made our dinner nights very entertaining.

Room tip: The best way to get around the island is to rent a golf cart since this resort is not on the main strip
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lina1986

Thank you so much for sharing! It is always great to hear that the little things make for an amazing stay. We look forward to welcoming you on your return!

Reviewed 17 October 2023

I had the pleasure of staying at Portofino for 6 nights and 7 days. From the booking to checking out, my stay was truly remarkable. I am already looking at dates to return with my family.

Bellini- this young lady was beyond helpful, friendly and assisted with all of my questions during before arriving. Bellini also took hospitality to the next level and had balloons, a birthday card and chocolate cake as a surprise for my birthday!

Sessi- she is the first one to jump when a guest needs anything at all. Very personable as well!

Aaron & Mark- best bartenders on the island. The Mai Tai and Bahama Mamas were my favorite. They make these drinks by hand and with fresh juice. Worth what Americans will feel like is a long wait but it is legit homemade.

Jason pays close to details and ensures you have everything you need for your meal.

The food was amazing! All of it. The chef is very accommodating to all dietary needs. Everything is prepared fresh as ordered and it is the best food I have had at a resort. My favorites were the mini nachos, lobster scampi, lobster fra diavolo, fish and chips, and bleu beef appetizer.

Angela at the desk helped check me in, arranging my in room spa treatments, making change, helping me with my safe, giving me a tour and checking me out. Angela is efficient, very helpful and does not mind helping with bookings and giving recommendations.

Sarah provided a wonderful massage, facial and pedicure. There is an option to get spa services on the beach as well.

The beach is kept beyond clean and they have diving, scuba, and fishing options that leave right from the resort.

Marco is very knowledgeable, personable and accommodating.

Brenda and Mi in housekeeping were in every single morning. I never had to ask for towels or for my room to be cleaned.

Mo makes sure you arrive to the resort safe to and from the airport. Mo did me a solid and stopped off at the grocery store on my way to the resort.

Miss A makes sure everything runs smoothly and her staff respects her. Everyone does. She is a hard worker, takes her job very seriously and has a ton of knowledge about the area and surrounding islands.

The pool is cleaned every morning and you can get drinks served to the pool area. I also got room service a few times and everything came hot and well supplied with what I needed.

As you can tell, I have the best experience! I can't wait to return.

- Yoga Sherri
Cleveland, Ohio

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for such a great review. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our little slice of paradise and the hospitality of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you on your return!

Reviewed 17 October 2023

Our experience at Portofino Resort in San Pedro, Belize was nothing short of amazing. From the moment we arrived, the exceptional service and warm hospitality from the staff made our stay truly unforgettable.

Our journey began with Mo, who welcomed us with a smile and shared fascinating insights about the island during our delightful 6-mile golf cart ride to the resort. What made this experience even more enjoyable was the unexpected stop for some ice-cold Belikin beer - a perfect introduction to the island's culture.

Upon arrival at Portofino, we were graciously greeted by Sessie, who offered us a cool and refreshing towel, and to our delight, presented us with two delicious signature drinks. Sessie also took us on an informative tour as we made our way to our room, where we were pleasantly surprised with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This thoughtful gesture set the tone for an extraordinary stay.

Our culinary journey at the resort was equally remarkable, thanks to the outstanding service of Ezekiel. He not only shared invaluable knowledge and history of the island but also provided excellent recommendations. His suggestion of the lobster bites and what we believe was the best ceviche on the island was spot on. The dining experience was a highlight of our trip.

Our evenings were made even more delightful when we ventured downstairs to the bar and had the pleasure of meeting Conrad. His hospitality was second to none, and his "drink of the day" creations were fantastic. He entertained us with captivating stories and showed incredible dedication to ensuring all our needs were met. Conrad truly anticipates guests' needs and exemplifies teamwork.

One unforgettable moment occurred when we arrived at the resort 17 minutes after the kitchen had closed. Despite the late hour, the manager instructed Mark to prepare dinner for us. The freshly made Cappellini Pasta we received was a testament to the kitchen's dedication and passion. It was hot, flavorful, and made with love.

Throughout our stay, Ivan and Jason were instrumental in making our experience special by offering valuable suggestions on places to visit and things to see. Their recommendation of the lobster scampi and chicken piccata, along with Mark's expertly crafted Mai Tai, were culinary delights.

The resort itself was a paradise – beautiful, clean, and brimming with fun. And perhaps the best part was the room, which remained comfortably cool throughout our stay, providing a perfect refuge from the warm Belizean sun.

We also had the pleasure of meeting other friendly guests who shared our enthusiasm for Portofino Resort. The unanimous praise we heard from fellow travelers echoed our own sentiments.

In the end, the staff, the amenities, and the overall experience at Portofino Resort left an indelible mark on our hearts. We left with wonderful memories and a strong desire to return to this tropical haven. To all the staff who made our trip truly magical, we say, "Thank you!" We can't wait to return to Portofino Resort and make more cherished memories. This place is a gem, and we will definitely be back.

Room tip: Bring cash and take care of the great story tellers on the ISLAND.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the warmth of Portofino and look forward to your return!