“When I first got there, all I could do is say...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living room Mayflower Casita
Mayflower Casita
Mayflower Casita
living room
Living room
doors to bathroom and bedroom
Bedroom
Access to 2 pools/Beach loungers a two minute walk away - pool #1
Pool #2
Access to 2 pools/Beach loungers a two minute walk away - Pool #2
Pool Bar
looking from pool bar to beach loungers
Indoor/outdoor restaurant two minute walk
Book your tours here!
7 minute walk to grocery store
7 minute walk to Bakery
7 minute walk to grocery store
Resaurant and grocery store
Mayflower tree in bloom in Garden
Mayflower Casita birds

Reviews from our community

Any
janean201...
Whitby, Canada
“When I first got there, all I could do is say ahhhhh. The grounds are so beautiful.”
Reviewed 10 February 2018 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

The best vacation ever !.. For the first time travelling south I honestly didnt feel like a tourist. The hosts here are so gracious and helpful. As I came as a single woman, I was quite particular on safety. I found staying here made me feel so safe. I could relax and know just next door, I could ask any questions. The hosts Carole and Brian were always available with anything I needed. Brian, after picking me up at the airport, he was so friendly and asked me if I wanted to do a quick tour to show me where some things were. I felt like there friends right from the get go. !.. The casita was adoreable and it was better then I thought to be honest. So clean and cozy. The locals are super friendly. Alot of expats live on this island. Definately will be back.

Your age range 50-64
11 Feb 2018
Janean, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and kind words about your visit to Mayflower Casita. We loved having you stay with us and are glad we could make you feel secure and comfortable during your visit. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to beautiful Ambergris Caye.

Carole and Brian
Kim E
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great location and wonderful owners, would stay again”
Reviewed 9 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

Thr casita was clean and quiet and had everything we needed for our 3 week stay. The owners Carol and Brian were perfect hosts from the moment they picked us up at the ferry to the time they gave us a ride back. Helpful ,but not intrusive .they gave us recommendations for our golf cart, snorkeling and even grocery stores. They even took my husband to the store for a Belkin run! You must rent a golf cart, they are so much fun. They have the use of a pool and beach across the street. It is the best beach for swimming in San Pedro. We would definately stay here again.

Kelly M
“Great location, yard, A/C and price!”
Reviewed 3 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Communication was very good, even with change in ownership almost a year ago- new owners keeping all the great service: golf cart pickup and return to airport, even on a delayed flight (thanks so much); friendly tour of town by Brian the next day on where to shop, even waited and extended their discount in the store to us (food is EXPENSIVE and selection is just so-so - pack snacks and anything non-perishable that you can). The casita had all the basic tools needed to cook meals plus full size refrigerator. The blender was amazing (pina coladas with local rum and mixer, plus fresh pineapple, YUM!) The AC in the bedroom was heavenly, fans throughout the house made it comfortable most of the time in the kitchen and living room. The cable TV was a very nice treat, great internet connection most of the time (occasionally it would cut out but that is normal for Belize, not more than a few minutes without.) We have a business so internet connection was key for us and we were aware that Belize and Mexico have issues. It worked fine, better than we expected actually.

The yard is BEAUTIFUL with flowers, plants, geckos and iguanas (who kept the mosquitos at bay- did not get bit once, though they had repellent for us and encouraged us to take it with us on outings), Regarding mosquitos, it seems to be seasonal, so check before you book and use repellent in rainy months, like October. There is also a clothes line to hang out suits and wet clothes, nice for us after diving.

We completed our dive training with Pro Belize Divers (excellent, patient, professional), recommend for diving and snorkeling). They are also within walking distance, but they picked us up daily for our snorkeling and dives in a golf cart. We walked back the 5 minutes on the beach because is was so beautiful.

The Banana Bay Resort is affiliated with this casita so you can use their amenities. It was only 3 minutes walk away with 2 pools and an EXCELLENT restaurant, decent prices, too ( sea food and meat kabab was amazing, so much food we had leftovers the next day as an entire 2nd meal). The beach there is nice and you can swim, lots of sandy area to enter, unlike many of the resorts with just sea grass. Swimming off the dock is also refreshing and a bit deeper.

We highly recommend renting a bicycle instead of a golf cart. We went with Joe's ( also has good ice cream and waffle cones - coconut and coffee were my favorite), just north of the airport (double check location since Google maps had it wrong). For almost a week it was $44 US for an easy riding beach cruiser with a basket and lock (very important). It made shopping easy because you NEED to plan on buying LOTS of drinking water (we went through more than a gallon a day). We rode bikes on the beach most of the way North and South. It was so much nicer than dealing with traffic (yes golf cart TRAFFIC, especially in the center of town). Golf carts are not allowed on the beach and the bikes made exploring more of the island faster and more comfortable than walking. Plus the savings over a golf cart at $50+ daily was a bonus!

NOTE on Christmas: most restaurants and shops are open Christmas Eve, most are CLOSED Christmas Day AND (surprisingly) the day AFTER Christmas, considered BOXING Day?! Our favorite restaurants were open all 3 days: Robins kitchen ( excellent BBQ chicken and fresh snapper grilled in a coconut sauce for $7-8 US plate with rice.beans and cole slaw) and the restaurant at Banana Bay resort (El Devinos).

Thanks Brian and Carole for a GREAT 11-night stay in your beautiful casita!

8 Jan 2018
We are thrilled that you had such a great vacation in Belize and are very grateful for your detailed review and your kind words about your stay at Mayflower Casita, It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we hope to see you again if you are back this way. Warmest regards, Carole and Brian.
TammyD89
Doniphan, Missouri
“Casita exactly as promised”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My husband and I have always stayed at resorts. We wanted the opportunity to live a little more like a local and this was the perfect way for us to experience that. We came to the island to dive and the location worked well for that because the dive boat picked us up at the pier at the banana boat resort. The casita is exactly as promised and the owners were very friendly and accommodating. Carole picked us up on a golf cart and gave us a tour of town. We stopped to get a few things at the grocery store, however it was our experience it was less expensive to eat out. Food in the grocery store was very expensive. We ate delicious banana pancakes every morning at the banana beach resort for $5 US each. The casita is very clean and has all the basic needs and more. It is really the perfect size for a couple. The outdoor space is beautifully maintained. The beach at the nearby resort is beautiful and very quiet. There are just a few reasons I didn't give it 5 stars and those reasons are honestly out of the control of the owners. The first is the location. I would prefer to be a little closer to town. My husband and I are really trying to be healthier so we opted to skip the pricey golf cart rental and walk. We enjoyed the walks very much. We walked everyday into town. It is about 2 miles one way into town. There just wasn't a lot of places close to the casita to run in and get a quick bite. The mosquitos are terrible after dark. We went down and ate at Robins Kitchen one night and literally about got carried away. Be prepared for that. The owners had bug spray in the bathroom cabinet, I just forgot to put it on before we left. Again the owners do a fabulous job of supplying the casita. The main reason I am not giving 5 stars is because of the noise. The neighbors (not the owners) are very noisy with crying kids and barking dogs that start early in the morning and go late into the night. Again this is out of the control of the owners. I just think its important to be as informative as possible with a review and want to include the positives and negatives. This casita is a wonderful place to stay, especially for the price. You couldn't ask for better hosts.

6 Dec 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review and we are happy the casita lived up to your expectations. We find that most of our guests enjoy the peace and quiet our location provides by being at the south end of town, while still being close enough to walk to the centre of town as often as you want. We wish you had asked us for more local restaurant recommendations as there are at least 25 within a short walk of the casita. The mosquitos, however, are a fact of life anywhere you may go in Central America during the rainy season, and we always recommend using bug spray after dark. We have certainly never had any previous complaints about noise - in fact, usually, it is the tranquility that guests comment upon. Unfortunately, during your stay, there was a neighbouring dog who was barking because she had a new litter of puppies to protect, but happily, that issue has since been resolved. We are grateful for your kind comments about the casita and will always endeavour to address any issues that are within our control.
Dave S
Oregon City, Oregon
“very peacfull”
Reviewed 2 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We stayed for two weeks and enjoyed every minute. It is an easy walk to stores and places to eat, and a $5 us taxi ride to town.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$85
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing